New restaurant looking for grill plans

Sunderbrew

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
Hey guys I have been hired on to start a new brewery restaurant in bourbon country here in Bardstown Ky. We are set to open some mid 2020. The owners have asked me to look into some plans for a open fire or smoker type grill that we can put in our Biergarden as a bit of a show peice and to make great food on. I like the idea of Santa Maria stye grill and I have seen a few designs that move the elevation legs to the outside and add a separate firebox and lid so it can be used as a smoker as well.

Have any of you made something like this or have any links or suggestions to get us going in the right direction.

I'll buy anyone who helps a pint once we open!!!

Try smokerbuilder.com.

You can also check lonestargrillz.com. not sure if they have any with a firebox or not though.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

The-Salt-Lick-BBQ-Pit-Driftwood.jpg

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjH09750JbkAhUM26wKHaqMA3sQjRx6BAgBEAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fpicryl.com%2Fmedia%2Fbarbecue-pit-at-the-original-salt-lick-bbq-a-barbecue-restaurant-in-dripping-3&psig=AOvVaw3UWRJkUs4Gto-XYMUpw_LT&ust=1566568557633094

Sunderbrew,

I'd be looking at an Argentinian/Santa Maria grill, a live fire set up, or a brick pit like above.

I used to travel quite a bit Tucson, AZ for work and we would always frequent a place out there called Li'l Abner's Steakhouse. The thing I loved the most about it was there was an outside area with a huge brick/stone fire pit where the chef worked and music. You were basically standing around the backyard grill and watching someone else do the work while you had drinks. It was cool.

In addition to the various choices for grills, you might want to review some different floor plans as well. Working in a commercial kitchen that has a good work-flow is so much easier than one without.

we will have this outside in our Biergarden are. I've lined out kitchen plans and equipment already for the main restaurant. Just looking for that wow factor for the warm months of the year and what not.

Yes that's what Im after. I have seen a few examples that have added a side fire box and lid. It looks like they also move the elevation posts outside the main grilling area to allow the lid to close. I have someone who will fabricate everything I'm just curious if anyone has any specs/plans available? Most I can figure output things like how much space to hold a pig? is 60x30 enough?

Back