What's your Valentine's Day menu?

mtm29575

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I usually take my wife out to a nice restaurant on Valentine's Day, but she said she wanted me to grill our own steaks this time. Fine with me, I rarely get a steak anywhere that can match my own (..not bragging, but if I cook, I can control all the variables). So heading out later today to Sam's or Costco to pick up some nice Ribeyes. I'll try to post pics tomorrow as I prepare them, if I can.

It just made me wonder how many others out there are doing your own cook tomorrow instead of heading to a restaurant, and what your menu plans were.

Just myself, 6 bottles of Arbor Mist, a Hungry Man Chicken Parm frozen dinner, 3 pints of assorted Ben & Jerry's and Seasons 5 & 6 of the Gilmore Girls. Oh and a warm cozy corner to cry in...........:sad::Cry:.

Either that or seafood of some kind. Been wanting mussels and shrimp for a while.

Going out on Friday but grilling up some bloody mary beef kabobs on Saturday or Sunday.

One of my favorite meat markets runs a v day special I always get

2 NY strips
2 stuffed baked potatoes (3 different kinds)
choice of crab legs, lobster tails or shrimp (I get crab legs, wifes favorite)
big piece of bumpy cake
$34.95

I get that every year

Just me & the Dog so she'll get a steak too and a pig ear but I reserve the quart of White dog and the Rocky Patels for me.

Nothing special We view it as a Hallmark Holiday

We've always said the same -- that being said, I do end up feeling a liiiiittle guilty when people ask what we're doing, or what I'm getting for the Mrs and I say "nothing."

So we don't make a big show of it...but I do make a point of at least acknowledging it, and doing something I'll know she enjoys. Since tomorrow is a Friday, and we both have long days ahead of us - I'll surprise her with coffee from her favorite coffee shop before work, and I'll take her out to an early (nothing fancy) dinner so she doesn't have to worry about cooking, etc. Simple. No cards, no gifts...just a couple things that I know she'll appreciate.

My wife requested ribs so that's what I'll be cooking tomorrow for her, her mom & our daughter.

Pretty sure that's what she requested for valentine's day last year.

We've always said the same -- that being said, I do end up feeling a liiiiittle guilty when people ask what we're doing, or what I'm getting for the Mrs and I say "nothing."

So we don't make a big show of it...but I do make a point of at least acknowledging it, and doing something I'll know she enjoys. Since tomorrow is a Friday, and we both have long days ahead of us - I'll surprise her with coffee from her favorite coffee shop before work, and I'll take her out to an early (nothing fancy) dinner so she doesn't have to worry about cooking, etc. Simple. No cards, no gifts...just a couple things that I know she'll appreciate.

That sounds really nice! :cool: :thumb:

First, I get the double whammy since VDay is also her birthday. We talked about going out and we just decided to grill some steaks, lobster tails, and bacon wrapped scallops. Still be cheaper then going out...

Called the butcher today.

Got two nice 2" thick rib eyes waiting. Gonna dry brine them then do them on the Weber indirect with a reverse sear... 'bout medium rare, add a good dusting of cracked black pepper.

Then we sauté some baby bells, onion, green pepper, and jalapeno to top.

Sides are asparagus, and a baked potato with all the fixin's.

And, or course beer.

Oh, and the wife is stopping at Sonic on the way home and pick up a couple of red velvet sundaes to stick in the freezer for desert... (her idea)

VR,
Harold

Given that my smoker, grills and backyard is buried under about 2 feet of snow...

I decided to make chili. Wifey and I plan to go out to dinner the day after.

Ill be grilling a couple of thick rib eyes and a baked potato.

We simple folks

Got 10 U10 scallops that went a tick under 1.5lbs, a pair of lobsters. So going to make fettacini Alfredo with seared scallops and lobsters.
C946B7A1-158D-490F-8DFB-B82A6984C683_zpsfqipxxsn.jpg

Wife won't let me cook tomorrow! She's twisting my arm to take her to one of our favorite restaurants. Freddie's Italian Restaurant in Kure Beach. Best chops I've ever had!! She will be having her usual filet and I will be having Rum Runner Chops! Two 1" thick t-bone chops marinated and grilled in a balsamic/brown sugar glaze topped with grilled peaches!!! Needless to say, she didn't have to twist too hard!!!

I volunteered to work. 6p-6a I'll put a card and A Godiva white chocolate bar under her pillow. I'll be up all night listening to XM 32 The Bridge

Tupelo Honey, damn that Van Morrison is pure awesome

Back