MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-13-2011, 06:57 PM   #1
Pappy
is Blowin Smoke!

Default Chris Lilly's Spicy Apricot Ham Glaze

Smoked a ham butt portion today. Turned out nice. Hard to mess up. The ham was already fully cooked. When I was searching for ham rubs, most of the ones I found said to not use a spiral cut ham, so I bought a uncut ham. I ended up liking the Chris Lilly Spicy Apricot Glaze recipe. It called for a spiral cut ham. I was supposed to save half the glaze for the final 15 min. I put it all on at once after I smoked it with some hickory for the first hour before glazing and foiling as in the instructions. I would make it again. Next time with the cut ham and glaze again at the end.

Spicy Apricot Glaze
½ cup apricot preserves
¼ cup honey
2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
½ teaspoon soy sauce
½ teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
1/16 teaspoon ground cloves

Here is the link for all of the instructions:
http://www.grilling.com/home/article/2464/

Thanks from: --->

Old 11-13-2011, 07:57 PM   #2
Dave Russell
is One Chatty Farker

Pappy, try his pork chop recipe in his book if you haven't. Simply fantastic.

Thanks from:--->

Tags
chris lilly ham glaze, Spicy Apricot Glaze