• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Favorite cooking machine/not ur smoker

Gonna have to go with my kitchen range- yes, it is a bold choice.

I don't know what I'd do without it... or what would fill that gap in my cabinets if it were gone.
I think of ours as my propane fired pizza oven. The big CI fry pan lives on top of it, too.

Discounting the espresso machine (actually plural, since I have three vintage Italian manual lever Arrarex Caravel models that are at work and travel espresso systems, along with a couple of vintage German hand grinders), I'd have to say the vintage O'Keefe & Merritt oven with center griddle that can be swapped with a high-output burner would be #1 non-outdoor cooking appliance.

Electric pressure cooker - I have a 6 qt and an 8 qt that get used several times a week and sometimes both are going at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard decision, the top 3 are the Salamander broiler, Garland thermostat controlled griddle (part of my range), and the Anova(s). If you go by value, in terms of frequency of use per dollar invested, the Anovas kill the other two and would be my fist recommendation to someone who doesn’t already have one.

A live fire,some protein and some sort of stick/spit/grate to hold the protein over the fire until it is ready to eat.I love ALL of my smokers but live fire cooking brings another level for me.

Gonna have to go with my kitchen range- yes, it is a bold choice.

I don't know what I'd do without it... or what would fill that gap in my cabinets if it were gone.

We build houses here in Missippi.Been thinking of 86ing the kitchen ranges and adding multiple microwaves and small convection ovens.One placed in a lower cabinet so kids can reach it.Seems ranges are a waste of money around here.All these young people, that are my main buyers,do is eat out every meal or micro some ready made crap and call it a meal.I guess it would be a good place for some guys to hide their wife's Christmas/ Birthday present.Seems they never open to door to look in. :twitch:

DD and SIL gave me an Instant Pot for my birthday about a month ago. I've used it damned near every day since. Did chicken breast strips in a cream of mushroom soup and herbs de provence gravy tonight and baked sweet potatoes, tomatoes sliced with EVO and fresh basil and teriyaki stir fried veggies and sliced fresh avocado.

I remember that pressure cookers are faster but I'm amazed at how tender and tasty the meats are.

My second choice would be a small immersion blender. Use that thing ALL the time.

But, I wouldn't want to be without my Old Country Brazos nor my collection of Webers (2 Performers, 2-22" kettles, a smokey joe and a jimmy).

Back