Creekstone Farms Prime Ribeyes - Griddle vs Grid

R2Egg2Q

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I defrosted a couple of Creekstone Farms Prime grade ribeyes.
2jDFMqc.jpg

At 1" or less thick, they were thinner than I'd normally like to buy and thin enough that I decided to just cook them direct. Seasoned with the Rub Co's Santa Maria Style rub and a little Fleur De Sel. I couldn't decide between cooking them on the CI grid or the CI griddle so I decided to do one with each method on the Mini Egg and see which method my wife and I liked better.
y4S4eTI.jpg

61YjdNP.jpg

GyaeJCW.jpg

tEfOyJn.jpg

HAPRwtK.jpg

1d5jAlk.jpg

VbZEN6O.jpg

Cooked a little over my target on both but still delicious. The taste test ended in a split decision with me preferring the griddle cooked steak and my wife the one cooked on the grid. The griddle cooked one had considerably more crust which I liked. I think my wife like the cross-hatched grid marks. I'd eat them cooked either way and be happy regardless. I may have to get some thicker steaks and redo the test but using a reverse sear instead.

Thanks for looking!

Is that the norm when you buy from these online beef/meat suppliers getting less than ideal cuts? Looks great btw!

Is that the norm when you buy from these online beef/meat suppliers getting less than ideal cuts? Looks great btw!

Although there was no mention of thickness, they did state 12 oz steaks (these were 13-14 oz) so I suppose I shouldn’t expect them to be very thick at that weight.

I haven’t ordered enough meat online to know what the norm is.

Both look excellent! Did the grid cooked steak have more smokiness to it from the fat dripping directly into the fire?

Nice work, I would be happy with either so I'll take both...:wink:

Great looking steaks I need to get a griddle for my L Egg I guess I could turn my grill mates over for that effect

Back