Anyone been to Pie Town NM?

LYU370

Resident Idjit

Batch Image
Staff member
Reaction score
Just saw a show on one of the food channels that featured spicy dishes. One was a New Mexico Apple Pie. Your regular apple pie mixture, but added pine nuts and Hatch Chiles! I need to try this!

Another one was a spicy shrimp cocktail at St. Elmo's Steak House in Indianapolis. It's the only appetizer they have on the menu and it's been made the same way for over 100 years. It's basically a boatload of fresh grated horseradish with some ketchup mixed in for color, ladled over shrimp.

Hmmm... Indianapolis isn't too far away...

Just saw a show on one of the food channels that featured spicy dishes. One was a New Mexico Apple Pie. Your regular apple pie mixture, but added pine nuts and Hatch Chiles! I need to try this!

Another one was a spicy shrimp cocktail at St. Elmo's Steak House in Indianapolis. It's the only appetizer they have on the menu and it's been made the same way for over 100 years. It's basically a boatload of fresh grated horseradish with some ketchup mixed in for color, ladled over shrimp.

Hmmm... Indianapolis isn't too far away...

St. Elmo’s shrimp cocktail is no joke! I saw their cocktail sauce in bottles at Costco a while back!

I've been to Pie Town several times. The PIEoneer has some of the best pies I've ever had. I tried the green chile apple pie once. I have to say it was good. Might not be everyone's cup of tea though. Pie Town is a small place, if you blink you will miss it. If you make your way through Albuquerque, look me up.

Is cheddar cheese a regional thing? I've never even hear of it on apple pie.

Not been there but it seems to be an exciting place. Although not a fan of spicy stuff, I would love to taste some it it's really extraordinary.

Back