A nice set of thighs!

Mad Max

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
After reading Knucklhed BBQ's thread, http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75043&highlight=thighs. I decided to try and experiment a bit, with thighs. Started out with 5#'s of thighs and scraped the fat under the skin and slathered on some JD's Baconnaise. Then placed the shkin back over the slather. Used John Henry's Texas Chicken Tickler, for the rub.
IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0242.jpg

Started the kettle up and had some grape wood chips soaking, for about 2 hours. Set the kettle up for indirect heat and added the chips. Arranged the thighs on the grill.
IMG_0243.jpg

Mopped them near the end, with some BBQ sauce and let them cook for about 20 minutes till the temp. reached 168 degrees. I took them off the grill and foiled them, till I finished grill the veggies.
IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

and the bite test...
IMG_0249.jpg

Probably, best thighs, I ever had. Flavor was great, the Baconnause gives it a nice tatse and the JH's seasoned complimented it. Skin was still, just a tad bit chewy, but everyone else said it wasn't. Some times, we are own worst critic. Thanks for the inspiration and tips, Knucklehead BBQ.

Those look mighty tasty! Might have to give that a go. I'm living on all the pics this weekend.hope to fire something up soon!

Those dont look like thighs, they look like breasts. If they are thighs, they are big!!!

excellent. Baconnaise huh? Never heard of it. Looks delicious. I've been lookin at my screen for hours, I still can't find the steak.

Good Lord kik-start!
My eyes just 'bout popped out of my head when I saw that pic!
Great looking plate!
And your 'server' has an awesome pair of...

ummm......

Hands!

Back