Canceled Order

jkief

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
So I placed an order a few weeks ago for a Yoder YS640S because I wanted a little bit more room than my MAK offers. Decided to purchase through one of their local dealers instead of going directly through Yoder. The guy that I dealt with at the store quoted me April 7th as the date they would have the grill in. So I paid for it and waited. As of today, no one ever called, so I called the store to check on the status. Guy tells me they’re waiting on Yoder to give them the OK to send their freight truck to pick it up. Might be the 16th of April or so. So I asked, what you’re telling me is you really don’t know when it will be here and no one bothered to call me and let me know? After going back and forth, I just canceled the order. Wasn’t the wait time, it was the lack of truthfulness that bothered me. Just be honest with me and tell me it’s going to be a month or two. I’m okay with waiting, just be honest about it and keep me up to date if something changes. Might be a sign I didn’t need it anyway...

Yep, had the same thing happen with a dishwasher from Lowes. The day after the ETA I call and ask for a status "2 more weeks" It misses that one, I call the next day "No clue, it will be in eventually" I was livid. The dates keep changing, and they wont' tell me-yet it's been paid in full the entire time. At the 3 month mark Home Depot finally shows that they can get it for me in 10 days, so I order that and it arrives a day early. I wanted another month and eventually they called and said it was in. I said they could just keep it, and I'll take my money back.

I like to think that it was at least a slight inconvenience for them, since it was one that required a panel door for the front.

Covid has had a real impact on shipping times, but that doesn't mean you can't reach out to your customers.

Don’t know who you are dealing with, but Gentry’s in Orlando has always been first rate.

it stinks but I am sure they are slammed with orders

I’m sure. That’s why when he said April 7th, I was surprised. But because he gave me an actual date instead of a “time frame” I assumed everything was already locked in. Now they’re giving me the runaround getting my money back. Not cool...

So you canceled that order and called MAK?

That’s the plan tomorrow after one more call to the manager!

I ordered a pair of front brake rotors for my motorcycle in November; they said it would be 6-8 weeks at the time, which seemed ridiculous, but whatever. 5 months later, I still don’t have them, though the notoriously slow wheel manufacturer came through with my new wheels weeks ago.

The pandemic has taken its toll, but I agree, it seems that’s become a convenient excuse for a lot of places.

Customer(s) serveUS. That's what it's become. I'm not saying everywhere, but quite a few places. And I don't want to hear "covid....blah blah....", it was like that before. I had ordered some led bulbs, description said arrive in 5-7 days. Never got an email or nothing for 7 days. Then I found out they were on backorder. No communication on their behalf at all. Took 3 more weeks to get them.

FYI. There is a decent looking Yoder on Facebook marketplace in Nokomis Fl. Has silver comp cart. Doesn’t have the WiFi. But looks decent.

I ordered a pair of front brake rotors for my motorcycle in November; they said it would be 6-8 weeks at the time, which seemed ridiculous, but whatever. 5 months later, I still don’t have them, though the notoriously slow wheel manufacturer came through with my new wheels weeks ago.

The pandemic has taken its toll, but I agree, it seems that’s become a convenient excuse for a lot of places.

I just got done building a house, and am still in the process of trying to get the pool finished. Took me 3 months to get porch columns. The Pandemic is really not an "excuse", it's a real problem. People got paid more, in many instances, to sit home instead of going to work (In KY, they got regular unemployment + 600 dollars per week, so instead of going to work, they sit home) No workers, no products. Everything is behind because of this. Now, them not calling to let you know is a different story, that's just poor communication.

Yup. Took a year to really hit my industry, but she's kicking our ass now. Unprecedented product shortages. Manufacturer custom service reps are all working from home,, so because of that the information flows much slower and I feel the "give a ****" attitude is slipping along with it. On top of that I've been trying to hire some seasonal help for 2 months which resulted in 1 new hire, and consequently a firing 6 days later. Can't even get people to inquire on pay.

I'm not surprised by any ****ty CS right now...

Pandemic Strategy

“My happiest days are those when my expectations are lowest”

I don’t get mad, don’t get frustrated in some ways my give a ****ter may be broken. Me and my dollars just move on down the road. In our hobby every aspect has a competitor.

An analogy but a stretch of two ways to handle something in the Pandemic.
Home Warranties
Son: notices water leaking from under garage door two days before Easter when his in-laws are all coming. Goes online files, plumber shows runs a drain line and says it will be a week before it’s approved. I asked if he was going to call a regular plumber to get it done ASAP. He said you know Ive got this. It’s draining outside so Ill just fire it up between 4-10 wash dishes take showers- hot water type things, shut it off. He was determined to get what he paid for on his home warranty. He waited them out and the warranty company many days later approved the replacement of the 16 year old water heater. Lot of code changes in 16 years he had to pay those. His Mothers patience.

Something similar happened to us, I immediately called a regular plumber and was out 1250
Hopefully you get the outcome you seek.

Patience, wish I had more of that

Last edited:
Pandemic Strategy

“My happiest days are those when my expectations are lowest”

I don’t get mad, don’t get frustrated in some ways my give a ****ter may be broken. Me and my dollars just move on down the road. In our hobby every aspect has a competitor.

An analogy but a stretch of two ways to handle something in the Pandemic.
Home Warranties
Son: notices water leaking from under garage door two days before Easter when his in-laws are all coming. Goes online files, plumber shows runs a drain line and says it will be a week before it’s approved. I asked if he was going to call a regular plumber to get it done ASAP. He said you know Ive got this. It’s draining outside so Ill just fire it up between 4-10 wash dishes take showers- hot water type things, shut it off. He was determined to get what he paid for on his home warranty. He waited them out and the warranty company many days later approved the replacement of the 16 year old water heater. Lot of code changes in 16 years he had to pay those. His Mothers patience.

Something similar happened to us, I immediately called a regular plumber and was out 1250
Hopefully you get the outcome you seek.

Patience, wish I had more of that
Thanks. I had wondered about those home warranty companies. Don't want any part of that scenario.

Back