Warped Propeller on 22.5" OTG

bbqgeekess

Babbling Farker
The propeller warped somehow on my 22.5 in Weber kettle. Is there an OEM part to fix this or should I spend the $15 or so and buy an off brand replacement kit to fix this? I see them for $15 and I asked the seller if it was a weber part and they said no.

I guess this happens from the cleaning action of it? It's bent upward and there is just too much air getting through and it gets way too hot. I wish the vents were on the sides like on the WSM.

What's the way to proper way to clean/care for this kettles so the propeller vent doesn't get messed up?

older kettles, sometimes referred to as daisy wheels, have the three vents your describing.

the fix for the blade could be as simple as bending it back. I suspect it happens when a rock or loose briquette gets caught in the cleaning action.

as noted already replacement parts are available

Sounds like you might be able to bend them back. Also clean the surface they move over by scraping any hardened goo. The clip on top of the sweeps holds them together with downward pressure when you install the bottom washer and handle. This makes them tight against the bottom of the bowl. Your OTG should have stainless sweeps part# 90720. You can get them straight from Weber.

Back