Briskey reheating question

lcbateman3

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Hey All,

On July 11th our Church is doing a game night at the local minor leauge team here in town. Each of our small groups will be setting up cooking for our group x 2. Of course, I'm in charge of the meat.

The night before we are doing a cooking for some friends who are moving to TN. I am thinking about cooking a couple of briskets then while I am out there and then reheating on the grill at the tailgate party at the baseball game. Only reason I am not doing it at the game is we can not setup till 1 PM and we are doing it until 4 PM....not enough time!

So how should I go about cooking these? Cooking till done then slowly reheat on the cooker? I will also be grilling some chicken, maybe some MOINK balls and ABT's as well.

Looking foward to your advice!

Thanks

Cook until almost done, wrap in film and foil and put in reefer. Take them to the game and put them in the smoker still wrapped in film and foil and when they are up to temp. pull out of wrap, slice and serve.

Cook them until completely done, slice and put in a pan, fill pan with Au Jus (I use McCormick) and refrigerate.
Heat in pan and serve. No work at the game, and extremely juicy and flavorful.

I like to keep them whole. Save the liquid from the original cook, or make a mop and reserve some for the reheat. I add about 3/4 cup of this to the foiled brisket and reheat at 325 until they reach 145 to 150. Usually about 2 hours.

Paul

Back