"Quarantine Inspired!" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS Through April 27th!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our New Throwdown Category is...

"Quarantine Inspired!"

Quarantine%20Grilling%20-%20Copy_zpsvlouu99r.jpg

As chosen by morningwoodbbq for winning the "Spareribs" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - PLEASE READ:

morningwoodbbq said:
"Quarantine Inspired!"

Let's see a new cook or dish you came up with or tried while quarantined.

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 4/10 through Monday 4/27.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Noon Central US Time on Monday 4/27.

Click here BEFORE entering so you understand the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Do standard TD rules apply or can I cook in my fireplace? It's getting close to 80* outside but I do have some wood leftover.

Do standard TD rules apply or can I cook in my fireplace? It's getting close to 80* outside but I do have some wood leftover.

You can absolutely cook in your fireplace, Mike. Any wood, charcoal, or gas/propane powered cooker/heat source works. Where it's located matters not.

Unless I missed something, the rules don't specifically state that it has to be cooked outdoors.

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]3. Entries must be grilled or smoked during the cooking process, or must prominently feature grilled or smoked ingredients which you prepared. Photos of your food on the grill or smoker are encouraged but not required (we love action shots). Using a gas grill is perfectly acceptable, unless a particular category requires the use of a wood or charcoal cooker.
[/FONT] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]So maybe you CAN use your fireplace.
[/FONT]

Yes, fireplace cooking is fine, please see my response below:

Unless I missed something, the rules don't specifically state that it has to be cooked outdoors.

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]3. Entries must be grilled or smoked during the cooking process, or must prominently feature grilled or smoked ingredients which you prepared. Photos of your food on the grill or smoker are encouraged but not required (we love action shots). Using a gas grill is perfectly acceptable, unless a particular category requires the use of a wood or charcoal cooker.
[/FONT] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]So maybe you CAN use your fireplace.
[/FONT]

You can absolutely cook in your fireplace, Mike. Any wood, charcoal, or gas/propane powered cooker/heat source works. Where it's located matters not.

Maybe we should relax the rules for this one and allow indoor cooking. Everything I cook nowadays is "quarantine inspired", since I can't sit in a restaurant. The crock pot is getting a workout.

Went dumpster diving in freezer, found some ribeyes, marinated in teriyaki glaze for a few hours, found some veggies and pineapple, wife said make a rice bowl. Topped with avocado,crushed peanuts which did not make pics, cilantro and lime. Fairly easy to make. Was gonna top with a runny egg but was out of eggs. I’ll use plated pic as entry

Attachments

• E66DA5C7-55DF-4008-9BF6-91140F347A75.jpeg
    E66DA5C7-55DF-4008-9BF6-91140F347A75.jpeg
    177.7 KB · Views: 276
  • B79E8183-AA0B-4FBC-BE49-4B6BF343708B.jpg
    B79E8183-AA0B-4FBC-BE49-4B6BF343708B.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 505
This will probably be my most "quarantine inspired" cook over the next couple weeks, as it's not something I normally cook or eat often for that matter, so I'll go ahead and throw my hat in the ring.

I had a leftover ham bone from the bourbon maple glazed ham I cooked on the Mak 2* for Easter and then some ends off a pork belly I cured and smoked for bacon, so I decided to do a "bean and ham" soup thing with some pinto beans that I got in a Brethren trade round from Pig_Farmer. It actually turned out pretty amazing, the cubed belly bacon and goodness from the bone really took it up a notch :thumb:

Please use this picture for my throwdown submission:

quarantine-td1.jpg

Back