Sourdough Pancakes on the Blackstone

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
It's a nippy morning here in New England, temps in the mid-30s. What better than a warm breakfast prepared on the Blackstone? Since it's the weekend, the Sourdough Starter needs feeding so the discard will get used in something for breakfast this morning. Pancakes will fit the bill.

I skimmed through my usual King Arthur recipe and realized it needed to be started last night. I've got another recipe I've never used and that will be the one I make this morning. This recipe adds in some wheat flour which I don't normally use in pancakes but they turned out well.

The first batch on the Blackstone with some Breakfast Sausage and Maple Syrup warming -

enFwc3A.jpg

Second batch. You'd think I was cooking breakfast for this huge family, but it's only the two of us -

rTrWZqX.jpg

emLup01.jpg

The table is set -

tYW86kR.jpg

Breakfast is served -

LS3s0pK.jpg

GzP5CUQ.jpg

Of course there are plenty of pancakes and sausage left over for tomorrow.

Thanks for checking in on this Blackstone breakfast thread.

Regards,
-lunchman

Not a huge pancake fan, but I never had sourdough pancakes. I'd definitely hit that.

I love sourdough waffles but they definitely need to get started the night before to get the right amount of lift. I tried one time without the overnight, and I might have stumbled onto a new formula for hockey pucks.

I've never seen the wire rack on the griddle as a warmer. How long does it keep them warm? What temp is the griddle under the rack?

I could smell those the second I saw the photo. One of my favorites!

I just love pancakes and syrup, and those look incredible!

Unfortunately, they don't like me as I go into a fullblown blood sugar crash/food coma, but I'd make an exception in this case!

Dom you’re killing me. That looks great. I has a bowl of cereal! I sad.

Those are some mean looking pancakes and sausage, Dom.

Love the wire rack to help keep things warm, but up off the cooking surface.

What a great way to start 'bout any day!

Looks awesome!! I knew when I saw sourdough in the title it was you & I had to look! You’re always coming up sometime tasty! Thanks for sharing!!

I've never seen the wire rack on the griddle as a warmer. How long does it keep them warm? What temp is the griddle under the rack?

Sorry, missed seeing this question. Today that burner was actually turned off. I had the intention of placing my glass baking dish on it so it wouldn't be on the griddle surface. The second batch cooked quickly enough that the ones on the rack didn't really cool down very much.

Normally I'd use the rack over a hot burner for items like hamburger rolls to keep them warm which works pretty well.

Great looking breakfast Dom. I am stealing your wire rack idea. No worries though I will give credit where credit is due. Hopefully I can do some breakfast this weekend.

Great looking breakfast Dom. I am stealing your wire rack idea. No worries though I will give credit where credit is due. Hopefully I can do some breakfast this weekend.

I'm sure I got the idea from one of the Blackstone videos. It works well when some items are done quicker than expected.

Back