Wild Fork Foods - Warning!

SirPorkaLot

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I’ve been pretty happy with my prior WFF purchases, but they have all been roasts (brisket, Picanha, tri tip, etc)

Because of this I decided to buy some steaks this order.

Huge mistake!
Choice grade NY strips.

Looked good in the package, but started falling apart when taken out, which is a big red flag to me.

Seasoned with Q-Salt and cooked them up.

They tasted like…..nothing.
Might as well been eating cardboard with q-salt on it.

Did some further research, apparently they blade tenderize all their steaks. Damn!

Same reason why I won’t buy steaks from Costco.
Great way to ruin a steak.

SMH.

Dang it… and just when I was raving about Wild Fork Foods. So far we have tried their tri-tips and lemon garlic wings. Both were Yum!

Sounds like time for chicken fried steak bites with Green Chile Gravy

Life will throw enough free lessons at us, sucks to pay for them.

I wish I could get hatch chilies here and I’m always down for chicken fried steak

Although Ive always purchased in their store if the folks ship, absolutely everything Ive purchased there is top shelf. Produce, spices, sausage, jams, honey, tamales and of course Green Chile. You might contact and see if they ship.

https://milbergerfarms.com/

For New Mexico you might Google Young Guns, Melissa And Bueno

I have had the similar issue with their steaks...other cuts not so much...but indidual steaks stay away.

I have had the similar issue with their steaks...other cuts not so much...but indidual steaks stay away.

I’ve been very happy with all the other cuts I’ve gotten from them. This was a first (and last) for individual steaks

This is bummer to hear..I have only bought their meats local in the store 15 Mins from my house but my experience has been great with their prime NY strips, ribeyes and Berkshire pork chops. I have not tried their choice steaks. I have a prime pichana in the freezer as the moment.

what is Blade tenderize .?

Jaccard meat tenderizer and I agree with John...great way to ruin a steak.
1268233.jpg

That's a great tool for home use, the factory style is a lot more aggressive and yes chicken fried steak is pretty great if that's what you are wanting.

Why would you order choice grade steak from them, since that can be bought anywhere.

I don’t go anywhere. I’m a hermit.
Plus I was ordering a bunch of other stuff anyways. So why not?
At least that was my thought process.

Dang that sucks!

Thanks for the heads up about Costco steaks. I hadn't seen anything about them mechanically tenderizing their steaks.

Bruce

Back