Portable cooker that fits brisket & butts?

Fishwater2002

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I’m looking for a portable cooker that can fit a packer or large pork butt. I have a 22” kettle with short legs that I take camping as well as a Jumbo Joe but I’m looking for something that I can set up at camp for overnight cooks.

Green mountain and pit boss both have portable pellet smokers. WSM has a 14” version.

I don’t have the room for adding any more than my blackstone 22 and Jumbo Joe to my 5th wheel, so I cook in advance and vac seal for the road.

Green mountain and pit boss both have portable pellet smokers. WSM has a 14” version.

I don’t have the room for adding any more than my blackstone 22 and Jumbo Joe to my 5th wheel, so I cook in advance and vac seal for the road.

My fiver is tight too but we also have a fall seasonal & a few get away weekends where something portable would be handy so I can cook for a large crowd. I've been looking at the smaller pellet cookers like Pit Boss & the Asmoke but don't know if they'd fit a packer, just wanted to make sure that I'm not missing something. The 14" WSM won't fit a whole packer without cutting I believe?

Traeger makes a portable and I also believe campchef has one also with two full size shelves. I have seen photos of two racks of ribs or two chickens on these so imagine a 12-14lb packer would fit also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you're right about the weber 14" being too small. I have a Fornetto, which is a clone of the weber 18". The difference is that it breaks down into four pieces: two chambers, a bottom and a lid. Do you want to cook pork and a brisket at the same time?

Not sure about heat control for an overnight cook but I've made some decent brisket and pork butts on a pit barrel jr. Might work with a good thermometer.. I suppose it's like any cooker, once you get to know it, most anything is possible.

I think you're right about the weber 14" being too small. I have a Fornetto, which is a clone of the weber 18". The difference is that it breaks down into four pieces: two chambers, a bottom and a lid. Do you want to cook pork and a brisket at the same time?

Not at the same time, just looking for something with enough grate space to fit either or.

https://www.cajunbandit.com/product/cajun-bandit-22-5-kettle-smoker-conversion-kit/

I made my own, but this is a commercial version of an extension to turn your kettle into a large WSM. Many times I have cooked 4 11lb pork shoulders at one time for parties on mine.

I forgot all about those. It's funny the cycles that we go through in trends. Lately it's all about the pellet smokers as the hot new thing. When I first joined here, it was using a tamale pot to convert kettles into mini-WSM.

That Bronco is NICE- but is also 136lbs- that could push the definition of "portable" but it does have wheels sooo... WSM 18 might be your answer.

Back