• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Brisket: Flats vs. Whole Packers

[FONT=&quot]For the beef injection and marinade[/FONT][FONT=&quot]:[/FONT]​
· [FONT=&quot]1 quart water[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]3 tablespoons beef base (preferably Minor's brand) or beef bouillon powder[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]3 tablespoons au jus concentrate (preferably Minor's brand) or one 15-ounce can strong beef broth[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In a large stockpot over high heat, bring the water to a boil. Add the beef base and the beef au jus to the water, and stir until dissolved. Remove from the heat. If reserving for a later use, let the liquid cool then pour it into a jug or bottle. This can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Inject brisket until saturated.[/FONT]

Tis a good injection ^^^ the one I most commonly use when I do inject brisket. Definitely go for the Minor's products though.

The Vons by my house sells Choice points and flats, so I usually just get a point from there. A Costco packer is way too much food, as I'm the only one eating the meat unless I have a get together. The points from Von's are usually around 3-3.5 lbs, so that works out great. Just did one Sunday to throw in my pinto beans and that's my lunch for the week. They only real issue is that they are thin at the end so that gets pretty crunchy.

Back