I do not post this article lighty.

Happy Hapgood

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I got hammered pretty hard a couple times in the past. At the top of the BALi list it advises to marinade grilled meat. Brethren really focused on that. That’s cool. I have my big boy pants on. They’re just 4 sizes smaller :)) The BALi eating plan recommends pretty much everything in your posted article. If true, I’m pretty much screwed. We grew up in a well done charred environment. Everything well done plus.

Personally, I’ve no clue but I now eat a ton of veggies and drink beer.

It must be an article written by PETA or another animal rights group to discourage eating meat. Show me anything that doesn't cause cancer. What I took from it was to drink more beer while smoking meats. Thanks for the heads up, but if I start stressing now, I'll probably have a heart attack long before any cancer cells form :wink:

The BALi food list

Hhttp://drfitt.com/bali-food-list/

It must be an article written by PETA or another animal rights group to discourage eating meat. Show me anything that doesn't cause cancer. What I took from it was to drink more beer while smoking meats. Thanks for the heads up, but if I start stressing now, I'll probably have a heart attack long before any cancer cells form :wink:

I get the PETA gig Ron. :clap2:

While I didn't read it in it's entirety. I think it is pretty common knowledge that grilling food creates carcinogens. So I have no reason to disagree with their findings. It is also pretty common knowledge that nitrates are bad for you too. Smoked, Grilled, and nitrate heavy foods are not the healthiest things to eat. I have read that marinating in red wine or dark beer does something, but I can't even remember where I read it. I am the type of person that doesn't worry about dying, so I don't put much thought into it. I figure I will go when the good Lord wants me to. Not saying you shouldn't worry about health, but I'm not going to quit eating grilled steak, in hopes of living longer. But if you are having health issues, you should discuss with your doctor any negative effects of your eating habits. I know that there are medical conditions that doctors will tell you to stay away from smoked grilled meats.

All that color on the plate and a dark-ish beer

Last edited:
I believe it was Jim Minion, all-around good guy and architect of the Minion method (aka the snake method, and many other styles of charcoal arrangement) of charcoal management, that had a wonderful response to this kind of discussion. It did involve introducing other foods into a BBQ or grilled meal. I will try to find it

I'm to Old to die Young. I am aware carcinogens are bad. Seems to me you start dying the day you start breathing, so I'm going to enjoy what I enjoy :-D I found 2 things in the article I liked...."If you need another reason to convince someone to stop ruining their meat by eating it well done, tell them that the more you cook meat, the more HCAs will form". That and drink beer. It's probably all true. I just don't care. It's right up there with aluminum foil poisoning :shock:

Its a good thing that its safe to smoke low and slow because if you know what your doing, its not charred, its caramelized. I feel sorry for the Hot and fast Folks, i guess they are giving themselves cancer every cook. I guess thats the price you pay for being impatient.

Back