Tylerjo12

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Hello!
I've been a long time lurker and really enjoy the insights and opinions of folks on this site. I have been cooking as much BBQ as possible down here in Alabama. The problem was, I had a cheap chairbroil propane cabinet smoker. Well, last night after more than a year of research(convincing my wife) I went to academy and bought the Old Country Wrangler. Academy has discontinued heavier Wrangler and replaced it with the cheaper lighter Wrangler II. I was able to snag the Heavy Older Wrangler for $385 with clearance and I hagglied a little with the manager.

So now I am officially a real pit master that plays with fire and fire management. I am seasoning the smoker today and I have held really consistant temps with no more than 10 degrees variance from side to side. I will do some mods and I have read all the threads about the best ones for this smoker. Tuning plates, gaskets...etc. Any other insight is welcomed.

Thanks for the awesome resource and I look forward to contributing to the site.

Roll Tide!!!
-Tyler

Tyler welcome to the forum from sunny SE Az. Congratulations on your new Wrangler, anxious to see pics of your new baby and some upcoming cooks.

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

https://imgur.com/a/dDf2iHere are some photos. After I got it loaded, lavalock gasket I put on it today and the firebox during seasoning. Hope to have my first cook real soon. Thinking a brined Deer Backstrap would be a perfect meat to break her in. I'll throw some sausages and maybe some chicken on as well. Thanks for the warm welcome!

dDf2i

Welcome to the forum from down here in Victoria.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welcome aboard Tyler, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

I had a Wrangler as well, but sold it when I found a smoking deal on a new Old Country Brazos. Have fun with it!!

Welcome from all the way down in Prattville, AL. Congrats on the new smoker. Looks like you'll be busy.

War Eagle!

Back