MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-01-2011, 03:35 PM   #16
buccaneer
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSetzler View Post

Here's a quick and cheap meal that I put together tonight on the Weber Kettle... smoked spaghetti! I started out by cooking a 16oz box of spaghetti noodles. I greased my 10" cast iron skillet and dumped in the spaghetti, one jar of sauce, and topped it with shredded sharp cheddar... I put it on the kettle over indirect heat with a chunk or two of apple at between 350-375° for about 25 minutes or so...

When the spaghetti was done, I uncovered the kettle and put on some buttered garlic/parmesan bread on the direct side and toasted it on the grill... Dinner for two with leftovers for seven bux and change... with leftovers!
Whoa..JM..finally I found something on the brethren forum that is a parting of the ways!
Must be all the Italian influence in my childhood brothers, but you'd need a handgun and my offspring to get me to eat that!

No offence!

Old 12-01-2011, 07:03 PM   #17
kyle corn
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by buccaneer View Post
Whoa..JM..finally I found something on the brethren forum that is a parting of the ways!
Must be all the Italian influence in my childhood brothers, but you'd need a handgun and my offspring to get me to eat that!

No offence!
Is it the unorthodox nature of cooking it on the grill or the cheddar? Honestly, a little smoke with the spaghetti is delicious, but I would agree that I couldn't put cheddar on pasta!
kyle corn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2011, 07:23 PM   #18
buccaneer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle corn View Post
Is it the unorthodox nature of cooking it on the grill or the cheddar? Honestly, a little smoke with the spaghetti is delicious, but I would agree that I couldn't put cheddar on pasta!
Honestly Kyle corn...it is my purist attitude regarding all things pasta and not the OP.
I love pasta, my reaction was "WTH, there is perfectly good pasta under that junk??" before I could think of anything else...definitely "It's me, not you".

Many things I react negatively to here:
!) I like pasta just before al dente,"Standing up" the Italians say.
So this is not only cooked, then it is cooked again.
2) Cheddar and a heap of it, for my taste no business being anywhere near pasta.
3) Bottled sauce also no business near pasta.

Old 07-06-2012, 09:18 PM   #19
tortaboy
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSetzler View Post

Here's a quick and cheap meal that I put together tonight on the Weber Kettle... smoked spaghetti! I started out by cooking a 16oz box of spaghetti noodles. I greased my 10" cast iron skillet and dumped in the spaghetti, one jar of sauce, and topped it with shredded sharp cheddar... I put it on the kettle over indirect heat with a chunk or two of apple at between 350-375° for about 25 minutes or so...

When the spaghetti was done, I uncovered the kettle and put on some buttered garlic/parmesan bread on the direct side and toasted it on the grill... Dinner for two with leftovers for seven bux and change... with leftovers!

Made JM's smoked Spaghetti recipe today with ground beef and leftover pulled pork in the sauce.

Cooked on the egg at 300 for 30 minutes.

EXCELLENT!

For those purist that could not put shredded cheese on your pasta..you have NO idea what you are missing. The smokey flavor really makes this dish. If you like smoked Mac and Cheese, you gotta try this.

No Pron as mine looked exactly like JM's.
tortaboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 07-06-2012, 09:24 PM   #20
IamMadMan

JM, Thanks for sharing, something I'll have to try next week.

Thanks for the idea....
IamMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-06-2012, 09:54 PM   #21
martyleach
Quintessential Chatty Farker

That looks great. Cheap and easy and that cheddar will pick up a lot of smoke. Like they say "Nothing ventured, nothing gained...".

Custom wooden handles for BBQ's made by Marty Leach (oh, that's me)
[url]http://www.amlwoodart.com[/url]
martyleach is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-06-2012, 10:13 PM   #22
Travnemi
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

OMG! I cant wait to try this.
Travnemi is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Tags
Cast Iron, Spaghetti