"Award Winning" Peach Bourbon Baked Beans

Anyone ever tried this without alcohol? I don't drink so don't have any at home, but it wouldn't be the first time I go out and buy some just for a recipe. Friends usually like that idea cause I give it away when I'm done.

The honey Bourbon gives the recipe a unique flavor profile. The alcohol is long gone by the end of the cook so you really don't have to worry about serving booze infused beans. I recommend not to skip the booze. :thumb:

Didn't read the entire thread (but did copy the recipe :wink:), so forgive me if it's been mentioned. Our family has two members who are recovering and have been away from alcohol for over a decade. According to Absolute Advocacy, even a dish that has been cooking in excess of two hours can still have 10% of the alcohol remaining in the food. There is also the possibility of a taste trigger.

Some may disagree with that and I'm not trying to be a wet blanket, but if this applies to family and/or friends who may be eating your food, a decent substitute for bourbon is one part vanilla extract and two parts water. I have tasted sauces made each way and I could not taste a difference (may be a statement about my palate). I'm from the "better safe than sorry" school.

Just a thought.

Back