Pork Loin Stuffing Question

TBoneMac

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Lately, I've been wanting to smoke a pork loin. I love pork loin, and I've smoked it successfully in the past. But this time, I want to try butterflying it and stuffing it.

I've searched for "stuffed pork loin" recipes, to get a recipe for the stuffing. But the vast majority of hits are for "pork tenderloin recipes".

I'm doing a pork loin; not a tenderloin.

So I'm wondering, are the stuffing recipes for pork loin and tenderloin interchangeable? I sure hope so, because the stuffing recipes for pork tenderloin sound so delicious.

Thanks.

I'm sure they'd work fine.

Last time i did a smoked pork loin I cut the ends off a couple of chorizo sausages, froze them then cut a hole from one side of the loin to the other and then slid the chorizos into it then smoked, it was a hit with the family!

I'd be interested to see the knife technique to butterfly a loin.

Yes, I have used tenderloin recipes for loin. When you butterfly be careful not to cut it too thin. It might end up bursting through the thin spot. I've had that happen to me plenty. Now I butterfly it a little thicker and then I will pound it thinner and evenly with a flat meat mallet. Tie it up nice and tight with butchers twine. Good luck and I'm looking forward to the cook thread.

A southern cornbread stuffing (slightly spicy) works well for stuffing / rolling a pork loin. Also roast netting will work wonders keeping everything together.

A southern cornbread stuffing (slightly spicy) works well for stuffing / rolling a pork loin. Also roast netting will work wonders keeping everything together.

I saw a video in which natural roast netting was used. Do you know where I can obtain that?

Thanks.

Here's one I did with a green chile and cheese stuffing and a bacon weave.

Attachments

• 20181019_195228.jpg
    20181019_195228.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 129
I saw a video in which natural roast netting was used. Do you know where I can obtain that?

Thanks.

Are you talking about caul fat? I googled it and got some results for purchase. I saw the technique on Meat Eater.

I have done smoked Gouda and chorizo. I bought some twine from hardware section in Walmart and used that to tie roast up. I have done several with different combinations. I used a pin wheel type cut to filet the loin. It worked good, just don’t cut all the way through the loin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I often stuff a loin with the same cream cheese sausage cheddar cheese mix that I use in my stuffed peppers. Same as in the stuffed chicken thighs.

Thanks.

I have stuffed a roast before and used cooking string, tying it up every inch to inch and a half. It should work with a loin too. it isn't as fancy though...

I remember eating one a few years ago with maybe apples and onions? It may have had a glaze too? I don't have the recipe though

You shouldn't have a problem switching the recipe from tenderloin to pork loin, but don't forget to increase the ingredients because the pork loin is so much larger and will require more stuffing.

Thanks.

https://www.sausagemaker.com/searchresults.asp?Search=netting&Submit=

11-1611-2T.jpg

#14 has a ideal 4" working diameter
#10 is about 5-1/2" working diameter

If you don't own a roast stuffer, or don't plan on doing an excessive amount of netting; A disposable cutting board rolled around the loin makes easy work of sliding the rolled, stuffed, loin into the stretch netting. Once in place, pull the disposable cutting board out of the stretch netting and you are ready to go. Wash the disposable cutting board and save for another use.

Back