White/Red Oak Suppliers in California

DFoster

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Looking to find a reputable supplier of white or red oak in California, preferably within 2-3 hours from Fresno, CA. Any suggestions? Any experience with “The Woodshed OC/Sharpe’s Gourmet Cooking Wood”?

DFoster,

I would be interested in hearing if you find a good dealer. I just got my stick burner a month or two ago and have only tried one place up here in Sacramento (who I will not be going back to).

This one looked promising from the photos:
https://slo.craigslist.org/for/d/atascadero-beautiful-dry-seasoned-red/6986948437.html

If I have the leave the valley and visit the coast to pick up some wood, that's just a sacrifice I'll have to make. :p

Plenty of almond up that way. I actually prefer that to oak for my offset

Do y’all have experience with the craigslist route being reputable and good wood?

You can not go wrong with the woodshed and Sharpe Gourmet. They run a great business, can not say one bad thing about them. If you have any questions give them a call. Love that place.

thumbs up for the WoodShed in Orange... its off the same street as Disneyland, about 10 minutes farther east; awesome store and has pretty much everything in terms of wood variety and size.. they also have a lot of community events to boot; I did a CA BBQ Assoc class there last month that was one of the best classes I've ever taken in BBQ - all day, and different team taught each different meat ending with a massive spread and early dinner.

thumbs up for the WoodShed in Orange... its off the same street as Disneyland, about 10 minutes farther east; awesome store and has pretty much everything in terms of wood variety and size.. they also have a lot of community events to boot; I did a CA BBQ Assoc class there last month that was one of the best classes I've ever taken in BBQ - all day, and different team taught each different meat ending with a massive spread and early dinner.

I was at that class, I was a volunteer that day helping out on the side dishes. Best dang onion rings ever.

I am actually heading to Disneyland soon with the intentions of swinging by to pick up wood on the way home since it is so close. Thanks.

Looking to find a reputable supplier of white or red oak in California, preferably within 2-3 hours from Fresno, CA. Any suggestions? Any experience with “The Woodshed OC/Sharpe’s Gourmet Cooking Wood”?

Plenty of places on the central coast. The place you mentioned charges $2 bucks a piece. That’s burning money right there...

I work up the street from them. Reputable people. My go to source for wood. And Simply Marvelous, Loot N Booty, and DaKine runs as well.

Back