New Trade Round Starts this Weekend

IamMadMan

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
What is a Trading Post Trade Round?

A trade round is somewhat similar to the "Secret Santa" pairings that are common with workplace, Large Group, or large Family Gathering Christmas Parties where you are paired to exchange gifts with another person, but without the seasonal limitation. We have a trade round three or four times a year, some having a theme, while others are just general trades. Some are BBQ trades and sometimes we have Hot Sauce trades. We do this to "spice" things up a little to try and break up the monotony of just a simple trade all the time.

Ever wanted a chance to try a BBQ Sauce and/or a BBQ Rub from another part of the country? Here is your chance and the concept is really simple.

The trades are open to all residents of the United States including Hawaii and Alaska, as well as those deployed who have an APO/FPO address. Sorry but other international traders are not permitted due to the high costs of International Shipping Rates, and even in some cases Custom fees and Brokerage fees which may also be applied. But this does not prevent two individual Brethren from having an international trade privately with each other. We just don't want to force a trader to incur the extremely high cost of shipping a package internationally. While a few international trades have been successful, we suggest that you use caution simply because we have had some of these international trades turn out to be a one-way trade, receiving nothing in return.

Simply sign-up for a trading account at http://www.ncgrimbo.com/BBQ_Sauce_Trade/ShowRounds.Aspx Using your Brethren Name. Once the account is created and you receive your password, you then enter your shipping information and your preferences. You then enter into the current trade round and click to participate in the trade.

The computer will then pair you with someone else from another part of the country. The idea is that You will go out and purchase a BBQ rub and a BBQ sauce sold only in your area or region. In return your trading partner has also purchased a local or regional BBQ rub and a BBQ sauce. You then ship your packages to each other and everyone will receive new products to experiment and cook with.

We ask that you avoid the common commercial brands sold nationally such as Kraft, Sweet Baby Ray's, Open Pit, Hunt's, Cattleman's, Heinz, KC Masterpiece, and other similar items. These items can be virtually purchased in almost any grocery store, so we ask that you try to stick to a regional favorite so the recipients may receive something they have never tried before.

I have had some great rubs and sauces that I would have never known about if it weren't for these trades. Many good things have landed on our table, as well as some really outstanding things that I have almost become addicted to.

While you are only obligated to send one rub and one sauce in this trade, in the Spirit of the Brethren, many add extras to the package, giving a bountiful assortment of items from the local area. If you add extra items they do not have to be limited to BBQ type items; many send local mustard, candies, or cooking sauces. With the extras, the choice is yours.

It's like Christmas in July ..... ummmm in this case ..... October, where you simply exchange a box with another Brethren. It's a lot of fun and we have all received some great items to try. The worst that can come from this is that at least you tried something new and you will have pushed the envelope of your personal flavor profile.

The cheapest form of shipping is the use of the US Post Office. Some use USPS Priority Flat Rate Boxes, "if it fits - it ships", however the cheaper rates are found with the Regional Flat Rate Box B. These are almost the same size as The Large Priority Flat Rate Box, but they ship at a cheaper rate schedule.

• Signups state: Oct. 19th
  • Signups end: Nov. 2nd
  • Packages due: Nov. 16th
  • Salting begins: Nov. 23rd

I just signed up. I'll have to go look for a rub, but I have 2 great local sauces I am excited to share!

The timing of the trade will give us some new items to try on our after Thanksgiving weekend cook, while the wife is out shopping...

8 Folks Signed-up!

Get some Thanksgiving goodies and early Holiday Cheer! Sign up today!

Back