MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-18-2019, 12:31 PM   #1
robertm
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : ROBERT
Default Pizza on LSG offset firebox?

Anybody cooking up pizzas in the firebox of a LSG? I've seen just a couple vids on youtube. It certainly looks pretty doable and should provide pretty good radiant heat back down onto the top of the pie.

I've been suffering over which model to purchase. The 20" units only have about 2" from top rack location to top of box. This could be perfect amount and will definitely help with finishing off the top. OR it could be just a little less than what's needed to fit all in the space.

The 24" LSG has a bigger box and 3.5" space at the top. This will definitely work. But I would rather go with the 20" unit as it fits the rest of my needs a bit better.

I'm trying to schedule a time I can run down to Willis and check the units out in person.

Anyone have experience cooking pies in the LSG fireboxes?

Thanks for feedback!

Last edited by robertm; 11-18-2019 at 12:37 PM..
robertm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-18-2019, 12:38 PM   #2
ebijack
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : tom

Depending on grate heights/spacing. Place a pizza stone on a grate above your main pizza stone. The closer the better. That will radiate heat down to cook the top of the pie.
Just a thought.
ebijack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-18-2019, 12:39 PM   #3
Sid Post
is One Chatty Farker

You could probably get custom dimensions on the firebox to meet your specs since they build them in-house barring anything unexpected with smoke and heat flow into the cooking chamber.