MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-16-2019, 10:57 AM   #1
Kiddglass
Got Wood.

Default New video from That BBQ life. Today we make atomic buffalo turds!

Check out our channel like comment and subscribe!
https://youtu.be/cZOzeW2WbqY
Kiddglass is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 11-16-2019, 03:09 PM   #2
Stlsportster
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Parental Assigned Label

Two posts in 2 years and none of them bbq related doesn’t make me have any desire to watch your video.

No thanks.
Stlsportster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-16-2019, 03:36 PM   #3
Kiddglass
Got Wood.

Thumbs up Fair point

You know what? That's a fair point I have spent a long time lurking on this forum maybe I should participate more. From now on I'll make a point to post more. Thank you for the criticism.

Old 11-16-2019, 10:23 PM   #4
Rusty Kettle
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Hey you with the face!

The production quality imo was pretty good. Recipe needs a few tweeks.

When I do them I use shredded cheese and dry rub for filling. Then use little smokey sausages. Leave the veins and don't clean put the seeds perfectly leave some of seeds for heat. They are called Atomic because they are hot. Put the the filling in the pepper but not alot. A little filling goes a long way. Then put the little sausage into the creme cheese. Wrap a half slice of bacon and secure it with a toothpick. You don't have to but I like to have something to grip it with.

Oh yeah and do listen about washing your hands. Do not take a piss until you wash your hands. Talk about a warming sensation. Brings a whole new meaning to there is a fire in my pants.

Good job on the video.
Rusty Kettle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-2019, 12:06 AM   #5
Kiddglass
Got Wood.

Hmmm good advice. Normally I will leave some seeds but I had mixed company coming that particular evening and didnt want to blow anyone's head off haha. Thanks for watching! Now I have to make these again tomorrow with the sausages though gotta know what that's like! Thanks for your thoughts I appreciate it!

Thanks from:--->
Old 11-17-2019, 06:02 AM   #6
Jason TQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlsportster View Post
Two posts in 2 years and none of them bbq related doesn’t make me have any desire to watch your video.

No thanks.
100% this. I wonder how many other places were joined with the illusion of "hey I've learned a lot here......but seriously just subscribe to my dime a dozen YouTube channel".

Really looking forward to more non engaging posts that just say "here's a new video..... like, comment, subscribe, share and do it all for me"

Old 11-17-2019, 08:06 AM   #7
jasonjax
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Jason

Props for the effort... as others stated, look forward to you becoming an active part of this community.
jasonjax is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-2019, 12:38 PM   #8
Kiddglass
Got Wood.

Not for nothing but I was a member here two years before my first video. I have been lurking here since I discovered this community which with a little browsing has always answered every question ive had. I am not the best writer and I always forget to take pictures while I'm out cooking so I figured my channel finally gave me an outlet to share with this community. Dont get me wrong I understand why you think I'm just here to shill my channel but that is not the case and as I said I aim to be a more active member here because I've always loved it here.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Old 11-17-2019, 04:15 PM   #9
CrabbyAppleton
Knows what a fatty is.

Now that I have some spare time, I watch a LOT of YouTube videos. Plenty of them I find are interesting, informative and short. A lot of times I go down a rabbit hole, trying to get my learn on, whilst nursing a good Scotch or Bourbon.

But, I'm an old fart, so watch out!

Anyways, I find I have developed a reflex reaction now to productions that start with the following overused, annoying introductions:

"Whaddup" "What's up" or "Yoyoyo".

The reflex is to instinctively press the back button on my remote, closing out the video immediately. Sadly, this is what occured with this particular demonstration, so I don't know if he can make a good buffalo turd or not.

PS: BBQ videos with copious amounts of fake flames swirling around in the title sequence don't wow me either.

Last edited by CrabbyAppleton; 11-17-2019 at 04:31 PM..
CrabbyAppleton is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-2019, 04:56 PM   #10
Kiddglass
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrabbyAppleton View Post
Now that I have some spare time, I watch a LOT of YouTube videos. Plenty of them I find are interesting, informative and short. A lot of times I go down a rabbit hole, trying to get my learn on, whilst nursing a good Scotch or Bourbon.

But, I'm an old fart, so watch out!

Anyways, I find I have developed a reflex reaction now to productions that start with the following overused, annoying introductions:

"Whaddup" "What's up" or "Yoyoyo".

The reflex is to instinctively press the back button on my remote, closing out the video immediately. Sadly, this is what occured with this particular demonstration, so I don't know if he can make a good buffalo turd or not.

PS: BBQ videos with copious amounts of fake flames swirling around in the title sequence don't wow me either.
I appreciate the criticism and I take your point and I'll see if I can build on those points thanks!

Old 11-17-2019, 05:44 PM   #11
Radrob
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Rob

I'm like you Crabby, I don't like long videos with filler and especially long introduction clips. I prefer to watch a video and see results than look up a recipe then find the same recipe used on different sites. Show me the money without a Sunday drive.

I starting making videos in July and after editing the first one it was 17 minutes and I thought to myself there's no way I would watch that long or at most just skip through it to get to the details.

I started with me talking through the video but after chopping all the fluff out I decided to just do a voice over so I can get to the point. It takes time to chop it but I feel I get the information out and still hold the attention of viewers.

BUT, what do I know, I'm a baby in this game and just enjoying the experience.

If you're thinking about starting a channel, my advise is just do it. Don't worry about what people think and know the more you make the better you'll get and learn what people like.
Radrob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-2019, 07:27 PM   #12
Rusty Kettle
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Hey you with the face!

Not everyone is going to like what you do. So forget about it. Just keep doing you. It use to bother me when folks use to gripe about what I do. It bugged me alot to not fit in. I gave up fitting in and just do what I want. So if you enjoy making videos then do it. Have fun with it.
Haters are going to hate. Nothing you can do to change their minds.
Keep up the good work. Have fun. There are never to many bbq videos in the world.
Rusty Kettle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-2019, 08:56 PM   #13
Kiddglass
Got Wood.

Thanks a lot man the videos are a lot of fun and it allows me to share the bbq and the methodology that I love so much with more people. If I can get even one person to find a love for bbq then the whole thing was more then worth it. I mean hell my whole love affair started with randomly stumbling across a popular mechanics article about building a uds which led me to the massive uds thread here long before I was even a member!