Spare ribs, beans, mac, and dessert

KClandcruiser

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Sunday this past weekend I smoked a rack of spares (seasoned with Oakridge dominator), the tips (seasoned with Oakridge Dominator and a sprinkling of Habanero Death Dust), a pork butt (Injected with Butcher block pork injection, seasoned with Squeal like a pig and Salt Lick Garlic) and a pan of beans. Baked some mac and cheese and an apple tart in the oven. I can definitely use some work on slicing up racks of spares

After the tips were done I shredded/chopped them up and added them to the beans.

Finally, I baked the apple tart. I think that was the real star of the evening. I love this recipe.

Attachments

• 3JlOU5Fl.jpg
    3JlOU5Fl.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 214
  • K8ncsM6l.jpg
    K8ncsM6l.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 215
  • BMo22aMl.jpg
    BMo22aMl.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 214
  • 8rYY6Mxl.jpg
    8rYY6Mxl.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 214
  • IUA9GQAl.jpg
    IUA9GQAl.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 215
  • uTT3JDal.jpg
    uTT3JDal.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 213
Looks great Turn ribs over and slice them Easier to see the bones that way

Thanks George and great tip! I tried doing that this time. Got the first few bones to cut nicely and as the bones got shorter my cuts got less and less clean. Guess I'll just have to keep smoking more ribs!

A meal fit for a king. It all looks excellent and I can see why you liked the tart.:hungry::hungry:

A meal fit for a king. It all looks excellent and I can see why you liked the tart.:hungry::hungry:

Thanks! Definitely my go to dessert when called upon. It sure made for a great Sunday night meal. I spotted the mop sauce you sent me in the trade in my fridge and had totally spaced on that. Definitely mopping the next rack of ribs I smoke to give it a shot. I was kicking myself for forgetting about it

Looks wonderful!! My mouth watering !

Hey,we are holding a giveaway of BBQ thermometer,click the llink join us!

:clap2:

What a spread!!! Like already mentioned, flip the rack over for slicing and I can smell the apple tart also. :hungry:

Great cook! That mac and cheese look fantastic. I have got to work on my mac and cheese making skills. You have inspired me.

I'm in! :thumb:

Thanks! If you ever find yourself my way, you're always welcome to join!

Looks great...love the color on the ribs.

Thanks, I was really happy with that too. It was my first time using the Dominator Rib Rub and I was really happy with the look and taste

Looks wonderful!! My mouth watering !

Hey,we are holding a giveaway of BBQ thermometer,click the llink join us!

:clap2:

Appreciate it! I'll be sure to join in

Great cook! That mac and cheese look fantastic. I have got to work on my mac and cheese making skills. You have inspired me.

Thanks a bunch! I've been working on dialing in my mac and cheese for awhile now and still have work to do. My base recipe is this https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/11/sodium-citrate-baked-mac-and-cheese.html and I've just been slowly tweaking and gradually getting better

What a spread!!! Like already mentioned, flip the rack over for slicing and I can smell the apple tart also. :hungry:

Thanks, that means a lot coming from a feast guru like you! Definitely will keep working on cutting. Worst case scenario I have to eat a lot of ribs haha

Oh yeah, my kind of meal.

That all looks delicious, but that Tart :whoo::whoo:

Back