is stubbs gone ?

mbshop

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
went to lowes and no stubbs. not even a price tag or anything. they have a new lump labled frontier. made in mexico.

welcome to corporate cut backs! Cheaper product- better profit margin.

Ours still had a few bags of Stubbs natural briquettes yesterday, but they had been there a while. I wish ours would carry a good lump like B and B. I believe the only lump they ever carry is Cowboy Crap.

Funny thing, I was looking for a new snow shovel as the neighbor taco-ed ours, and the guy said they didn't get ANY this season! (Some #$$ bean counter in an office said they hadn't sold any for three years.)

went to lowes and no stubbs. not even a price tag or anything. they have a new lump labled frontier. made in mexico.

I just found out a couple of weeks ago that Lowes was going to start carrying Frontier Lump, and I am excited.

Previously I was only able to find it in a select few ACE hardware stores.

While I am not a fan of Frontier Briquettes, Frontier lump is great stuff.
Burns a long time, large nice chunks, with a nice wood aroma.
Plus I haven't found a bunch of foreign crap in their bags.

X 2 on cowboy lump suckin though

If you're not able to find stubbs locally, hit up a Do It Best store and order a bag of chef's best briqs by Royal Oak. It's different than the usual red RO bag... great smell and decent burn time.

I think it cost me $19 for a 40lb bag, more expensive than blue K, but way better flavor & smell!

I pray it's gone.

Search "Fat Fark Paul Prudomme" and you'll see why.

Its the Dec 2005 thread by Cat Butt

Chef Fatass wheel me around on an electric scooter. Awesome. To be honest, he really needed a shorter nickname name, not a longer one. :wink:

I went to Lowes 2 days ago as I was "starting to get back into q'in" Hitting up the local stores for Weber stuff. I noticed that they carried The Stubbs and the Kingsford Comp stuff too. I was pretty excited when I saw that, but now Im wondering if this is going to trickle done to other stores. BTW, new member here from WI

Still have at least half a pallette on the floor at my local lowes. Picked up a bag for smokin' tomorrow night.

my bag of BGE lump is all small stuff :/. I really want some big, long burning lump. Guess I have to find RO or something?

I just spoke to someone at cowboy charcoal. They said that the stubbs will still be sold by lowes nationaly, but out in the west starting march 1st it will only be sold on an end cap display for 6 months, but after that they don't know if will still be sold in the west or not.

Back