Beef rib price

gcs

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Just found out about a newish BBQ joint near me, same list of meats and sides as is typical, and, they have the big "dino" beef ribs.

So I checked out the prices and they were in the ballpark with most other places, but the single beef rib was $30....with "market" next to the price which I assume means the price is variable, which usually means higher, lol, Sounded a little high to me but what do I know....

So what do you pay for a beef rib in a BBQ joint? just curious.

Usually between $20-30 from my experiences. Also depends what they are serving, Prime, Choice, Wagyu, etc.

I've paid as much as $50.

Lots of factors, but $30 doesn't sound outrageous to me, but I'd expect it to be pretty good

There are definitely some restaurants that serve them daily, but a lot have them as a weekly special as they're hard to make a profit on. I get mine at Restaurant Depot (chuck short ribs) and they can cost between $5 and $10/bone depending upon size. If I go to a higher end butcher near me, I can pay a lot more.

$30+ is pretty typical here in KC at the restaurants that serve them. Usually it's just one big rib.

There are definitely some restaurants that serve them daily, but a lot have them as a weekly special as they're hard to make a profit on. I get mine at Restaurant Depot (chuck short ribs) and they can cost between $5 and $10/bone depending upon size. If I go to a higher end butcher near me, I can pay a lot more.

Yeah, I get mine from RD as well and can confirm that they're about $5-10 a bone for choice dino ribs.

I always wondered how much of a discount a lot of these places get at wholesale. I pay $120 a rack from SRF as a consumer for 3 bones, and just ordered my first rack from 44 Farms at $100 for a 3 bone rack. I've had people ask if I would ever sell any but I would have to sell at $35 per bone just to cover the cost of may.

I've never ordered beef ribs out, as it's one cut I've literally never messed up. I do see that the grocery store prices are close to double what I saw last year. $6/lb for beef ribs??? Hard pass.

Costco Business Center in North Jersey. BBQrestaurant they want $28.00 per rib.

DanB

Last edited:
Rib section :thumb: what OP was talking about (I think) that a single cooked beef rib at a bbq joint runs $30+

Just picked up a rack of 3 bone Plate Ribs for 10.99 a pound at one of spots in Dallas - only place I know that consistently has the plate ribs - can generally get the 4 bone Chucks ribs for 4 or 5 dollars less a pound at Costco's or US Foods

Supply and demand. More and more BBQ restaurants and trailers cooking Dino plate ribs, only so many large ribs available per cow. I think a lot of new places feel like a giant beef rib on the menu gives them some street cred, and it makes for a great photo op. Most of the DFW BBQ hot spots only offer Dino Ribs one day a week.

Back