• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

New drum project

Lowki

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Well i found a 30 (25?) gallon drum for $10.00 and decided to build a small UDS to take camping and to play around with hanging meat in. I gave the last full (55 gallon) size away to a friend that wanted to learn to smoke meat. Showed him how to run it and next day he was putting out some pretty good PP.
I burned the drum out this past weekend, with a little help from Jake. The plan is to make something that i can use as a drum and a PBC type cooker.
Open to any and all hints from those that have made smaller drums before, i have built 3 55's and believe the process (aside from some new-to-me mods) will be almost identical.
Not in a hurry on this one, but i will try to keep the thread updated on progress when it is made.

Attachments

• IMG_3352.JPG
    IMG_3352.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_3338.JPG
    IMG_3338.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
please keep updated. a $10 drum is a good thing.

If I were building one, I would consider putting the exhaust on the side, kinda like the pbc.

and then you can use those holes to put a rod if you want to hang meat, kinda like the pbc.lol

I was thinking of putting a ring to fit into the top rim of the barrel, that i could fit the lid onto. I want to weld the rods to the inside of this ring. With a traditional exhaust i think i would have better temp. control without having to use magnets to cover holes. Will see how it works and go from there.

I was thinking of putting a ring to fit into the top rim of the barrel, that i could fit the lid onto. I want to weld the rods to the inside of this ring. With a traditional exhaust i think i would have better temp. control without having to use magnets to cover holes. Will see how it works and go from there.

ive tried a traditional exhaust vs a hole and there was no difference in temp control

Back