MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-27-2018, 02:18 PM   #106
Built Rite
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Donnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoke View Post
1. I submit to you, that the guy who wants his money back from you, is thinking you have the exact same No Refund policy.

2. You made it sound as if the No Refund policy includes laziness or indifference on the part of the seller.

3. The worst part: You're spending more time on this forum, than tending to your smokers!
You have no idea who I am, or my work ethics.
1 I am far from lazy
2 i do have a no refund policy on custom builds
3 I am going to respond on this forum when it involves me and my business.
4 I don't tell you how to handle your business, and I can handle mine just fine .
Thank you
Built Rite is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-27-2018, 02:32 PM   #107
Built Rite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterChrister View Post
Can you say that you really blame him? What would everyone here think if he just ignored all of the posts, instead of taking time to respond? It's kind of a "darned if you do, and darned if you don't" situation for him to be in.

None of us has a crystal ball to know for sure what has happened, or will happen; in regards to the refund. BUT I think reasonable people can agree that a person looking to skip town with someone's money would not likely be responding here at all.

Let's give him a little breathing room, and circle back with tar, feathers, pitchforks, and fire if he doesn't refund within 30 days as stated. I'm sure we can all find better things to do in the meanwhile, like making BBQ or building smokers.....
Lol. Seems like they already have the pitchforks and a noose waiting. Like vultures circling

Old 01-29-2018, 08:07 AM   #108
mikemci
Babbling Farker

To page one, until Brian gets his refund.
red Thermapen

There are two kinds of countries in the world, those that use the metric system and the one that sent men to the moon and back.
mikemci is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2018, 02:12 PM   #109
Badgerjacob
Full Fledged Farker

Wow, just wow.
Badgerjacob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2018, 04:01 PM   #110
Rockinar
is One Chatty Farker

This is why people need to order from reputable builders like Gator, LSG, Klose, Pitmaker who have all been delivering as promised for decades. Might not be the cheapest, but you will get what you ordered, as promised. Can you imagine Rich Robin at Gator Pit jerking people around like this on a simple 36" patio smoker and dragging it out for a year?? It simply would not happen. Can you picture the guys at Shirley Fabrication jerking people around like this? NO. Pitmaker? NO. LSG? NO.

If this guy wanted to make it right he would just own up to it, dig in his personal pocket months ago, eat it and move on. Instead, it's more excuses, delays, extended times and empty promises again. He has no desire to make it right. If he did, he would have already. Think about it. Then he comes in here and plays victims and pokes fun at people who have the pitch forks out. I would be even more pissed.

Last edited by Rockinar; 02-01-2018 at 04:47 PM..
Rockinar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2018, 06:12 PM   #111
Built Rite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinar View Post
This is why people need to order from reputable builders like Gator, LSG, Klose, Pitmaker who have all been delivering as promised for decades. Might not be the cheapest, but you will get what you ordered, as promised. Can you imagine Rich Robin at Gator Pit jerking people around like this on a simple 36" patio smoker and dragging it out for a year?? It simply would not happen. Can you picture the guys at Shirley Fabrication jerking people around like this? NO. Pitmaker? NO. LSG? NO.

If this guy wanted to make it right he would just own up to it, dig in his personal pocket months ago, eat it and move on. Instead, it's more excuses, delays, extended times and empty promises again. He has no desire to make it right. If he did, he would have already. Think about it. Then he comes in here and plays victims and pokes fun at people who have the pitch forks out. I would be even more pissed.
You have no idea what your talking about. First of all I have not played a victim in this situation.
Second I am a reputable company just like the others you mentioned.
Third he will get his refund as stated in the post earlier.
Fourth I have not poked fun of anyone and will not, that's not the type of person I am!
I have stated openly and over and over admitted I am behind, guilty as charged for that. But for someone to call me a thief or scam artist yeah that pisses me off!
When these orders were placed I had enough employees at the time to get the orders out in the time given, how was I to know in a matter of weeks I would be down 3 welders? Is that my fault NO,BUT I take full responsibility for the delays. Does that make me a scammer? No it doesn't it makes me human and capable of making mistakes or errors in judgement. Did I handle it like I should have? NO I PANICKED! Once again I'm only human. However I bust my butt, work 7 days a week taking time away from my family to try and fix my mistakes, not run and hide from it!
Now maybe I should tell people 12-14 month wait time like one of the companies you mentioned is giving. But that was never my intention.
So yeah I'm a little defensive seems like I am being crucified for a MISTAKE.

Old 02-01-2018, 07:35 PM   #112
mikemci
Babbling Farker

10 days and counting down.
red Thermapen

There are two kinds of countries in the world, those that use the metric system and the one that sent men to the moon and back.

Old 02-01-2018, 08:00 PM   #113
Sooner21
Full Fledged Farker

I don't understand why the refund hasn't been given yet. He asked for it a looonngg time ago, and you said you were going to give him one, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sooner21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2018, 08:24 PM   #114
North Is Up
Full Fledged Farker

There's a bar in my town with a sign that says, "Free Beer Tomorrow".
Pit Boss Series-5 Copperhead
Miss Silvia and Rocky
Life quote from Jersey Shore: "I know I'm not the smartest crayon in the box, but this isn't rocket scientist!
North Is Up is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 02-01-2018, 08:24 PM   #115
Built Rite

Ok I am done replying to all of this. I will post a pic of the money order so everyone knows it was sent in case Brian doesn't post. Other than that I'm done. I know I am not what's being portrayed as well as all my customers and that's what matters.

Old 02-01-2018, 08:36 PM   #116
mikemci
Babbling Farker

I know of one customer (victim) that may disagree with that.
red Thermapen

Thanks from:--->
Old 02-01-2018, 09:42 PM   #117
mikemci
Babbling Farker

Just so you know, this isn't your everyday run of the mill BBQ forum. In order for you to fully realize how badly you have stepped in it, follow the link to this thread. then you will understand how we take care of our own.

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/s...d.php?t=170486
red Thermapen

Old 02-01-2018, 10:05 PM   #118
Built Rite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemci View Post
Just so you know, this isn't your everyday run of the mill BBQ forum. In order for you to fully realize how badly you have stepped in it, follow the link to this thread. then you will understand how we take care of our own.

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/s...d.php?t=170486
I said I would reply to anymore but I will say this.
I don't expect anything less! However there are others out scamming ,taking deposits and disappearing.
I'm still here, not hiding, admitting my mistakes, trying to get caught up and get everyone their products and move forward. But seems like you want to run it in the dirt buddy????
How many times do I have to say I made a mistake? Not a scheme to defraud people a mistake in taking to many builds at 1 time....
Most everyone else has even said that I seem to be doing the right thing not hiding or avoiding it, but you just keep prodding and poking and fueling the fire.
Let it go, if I don't hold my end up then say what you want I will deserve it then, but give it a break!

Old 02-01-2018, 10:28 PM   #119
SmokerKing
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Is Up View Post
There's a bar in my town with a sign that says, "Free Beer Tomorrow".
SmokerKing is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2018, 03:16 AM   #120
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

Folks, lets hault the pileon for now and give Builtrite a chance to make good. Then Brian and Builtrite can keep us posted as to the outcome, but for now, we dont really need the dogpile. Enough laundry has been aired and right now it seems theres too many cooks in the kitchen. Lets let things play out for a bit and let Brian keep us posted with the outcome.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

2 members found this post helpful.

Tags
built right, built rite, built rite cookers, built rite smokers, builtrite, Donnie Boston, ripoff artist