Father’s Day Flap Meat Carne Asada

yummy... I'd hit a six pack of each :p
Thank you sturev
Just how I like them, delicious.
Thank you Bill. I tried to cook it to a perfect delicious. :becky:
Looks great DH. The couple times I have tried to make Asada or even beef fajitas, it has turned out tough. Might give that recipe a look...
Thank you Terry. What cut of meat did you use? The acid in the vinegar and citrus should bread it down for you if you give it enough time. 4 to 6 hours isa good time frame. Just enough to start breaking the meat down but not enough to turn it into mush.

looks great. I appreciate the pictures of each step. I know it takes a lot of time. I want to make that sauce also. It is on my schedule for this weekend.

Looks great as always, Jeff! I've been adding a bit of soy sauce(not too much, a little goes a long way) to my carne asada marinade, and it really works wonders.

Pass me a plate. Tacos are my weakness 😂
Thank you Tony. I've seem your tacos so it means a lot if you'd want some.
Looks great as usual Mr Husker, I would be on that
Thank you Titch.

Going to try your salsa recipe. Nice job!
Thank you Pyrocop.

A few notes on the salsa:
1. This is a Chef John (from Food Wishes) recipe.
2. I ended up using only 7 of the tomatillos. I slice them in half (or quarters depending on size) and you want a little over 1 cup.
3. Add the Serrano to taste. I only added 1/2 this time as my wife doesn't like it as hot as I do.
4. Add approx. 1/4 of Cilantro.
5. Add salt to taste as it's spinning.

looks great. I appreciate the pictures of each step. I know it takes a lot of time. I want to make that sauce also. It is on my schedule for this weekend.
Thank you topluck. It does take more time (something the wife doesn't appreciate) but I like to document my cooks. I hope to start a blog when I retire a few years from now and much of what you see when be repeated on it. On the salsa see my coomment to pyrocop above.
Looks great as always, Jeff! I've been adding a bit of soy sauce(not too much, a little goes a long way) to my carne asada marinade, and it really works wonders.
Thank you Moose. That recipe is a combination of recipes. One from Tyler Florence and the other from Allrecipes.com.

Back