Carne Asada Tacos

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
This is a simple but delicious and quick dinner. I had picked up and froze this package of skirt steak from Costco. (Good stuff)

I thawed it out and placed it on a blazing hot kamado.

After approximately 10 minutes, flipping every 2 minutes, it was done.

Take it in on my cutting board. (Notice the direction of the grain)

I cut each piece in half along the grain and then slice it against the grain.

And make some delicious Carne Asada tacos.

Yum! :becky:

nice looking tacos, i have never seen arracharra packaged before, always pick it up at my local carniceria, for about 1.89 a pound, well until the hipster foodies found it, now its 2.99+

Well, I spit beer all over my ipad when I saw the price per lb you paid! Over here in MO, I'm paying $7/lb for (choice) skirt OR tri-tip. I always end up going tri-tip for my tacos. It's pretty crazy what has happened to the beef prices here. Good Lord, there are almost more cows than people here! WTH

nice looking tacos, i have never seen arracharra packaged before, always pick it up at my local carniceria, for about 1.89 a pound, well until the hipster foodies found it, now its 2.99+
Thank you. $2.99 is still a great price for skirt steak.

Well, I spit beer all over my ipad when I saw the price per lb you paid! Over here in MO, I'm paying $7/lb for (choice) skirt OR tri-tip. I always end up going tri-tip for my tacos. It's pretty crazy what has happened to the beef prices here. Good Lord, there are almost more cows than people here! WTH
If you look real close you will see I paid $6.99 per lb.

Back