Tortilla Land uncooked Tortillas

Joshw

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Was in Wal-Mart today, and seen something new. Uncooked Tortillas, just take home cook, and enjoy fresh tortillas. I am eating low carb, so I didn't buy any, but thought I would post, for those that might be interested. If they taste like crap don't blame me, but they look real interesting.

https://www.tortillaland.com/

HEB has sold their own brand of cook at home tortillas for a while and they are excellent. If you are outside of Texas and like tortillas, probably worth a try.

Introduced to them last year.

They are absolutely phenomenal. You should have picked it up anyways. :grin:

Costco has them too, a little more work but way less than making em from scratch!

They're excellent. They cook up in about the same time as it takes to warm up a tortilla. Good stuff! I used to get em from Costco. Sam's has them too.

Have had the ones from Costco and they are great, hard to beat fresh off the griddle tortillas. I am off flour tortillas and admit I do miss them.

Yes, fresh is better. From what I'm seeing, I guess I'm not alone on the carb restriction. Lol

Yes, fresh is better. From what I'm seeing, I guess I'm not alone on the carb restriction. Lol

I've been watching carbs also. Very strict during the week, but I allow my self to cheat on Friday night/Saturday. Take it from someone who has been through this a few times, you need cheat days. You need to find something that is sustainable to your lifestyle and cravings. Weight comes off a little slower, but a guy has to have a life too. Have a coupe flour tortillas on Saturday, it won't kill you.

I would never live without pizza and beer. :razz:

As long as we are talkin' torts, why are corn torts never more than 7 inch diameter?

As long as we are talkin' torts, why are corn torts never more than 7 inch diameter?

Just a guess, but I would say, it is because corn doesn't have any gluten in it, so if you tried to make a large one, it would fall apart.

I've been watching carbs also. Very strict during the week, but I allow my self to cheat on Friday night/Saturday. Take it from someone who has been through this a few times, you need cheat days. You need to find something that is sustainable to your lifestyle and cravings. Weight comes off a little slower, but a guy has to have a life too. Have a coupe flour tortillas on Saturday, it won't kill you.

I would never live without pizza and beer. :razz:

Agree, even though I am off refined flour 90% of the time I make a white whole wheat pizza crust and still indulge in pizza once every two to three weeks. My biggest cheat is a bacon cheeseburger on a brioche bun which seems to find it's way into my belly 3 or 4 times a month.

Back