MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-18-2019, 01:31 PM   #31
16Adams
somebody shut me the fark up.

4000 at 6% for 36mo around 121 per month

https://www.bankrate.com/loans/personal-loans/rates/

https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calcu...calculator.php

Thanks from:--->

Old 02-18-2019, 03:24 PM   #32
Rockinar
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJ View Post
What a classless and unwarranted post.
Lighten up Francis. It was a light hearted college football joke. Sarcasm Detector is on the list for you this Christmas.....
Rockinar is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 02-18-2019, 03:57 PM   #33
jdtTX
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinar View Post
Lighten up Francis. It was a light hearted college football joke. Sarcasm Detector is on the list for you this Christmas.....
if he's an Alabama fan, sarcasm might be above his head

Old 02-18-2019, 04:48 PM   #34
smoke ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinar View Post
you'd be on my list if you called me out twice in a day for no reason. you should keep other mens names out your mouth.

Old 02-18-2019, 05:02 PM   #35
SirPorkaLot

Name/Nickname : John

Wise man say:
When no one finds your humor humorous, it is time to be quiet

Old 02-18-2019, 05:09 PM   #36
WilliamKY
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : William

I'd be happy with a Moberg or a Shirley but they are too big for my needs. As far as waiting, they are custom built in USA. If you cant wait then buy a cheapo from China. My dad always told me "You get what you pay for".
Weber 26
WGA
Old Smokey Electric.
Go Cards!
WilliamKY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-18-2019, 07:32 PM   #37
NYC ‘Que
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : T.J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdtTX View Post
They're coming back. Quote I got on a 24x48 was $3900.

Wow......they really went up. My 24x60 was like 2800. Unfortunately I had to cancel my order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-18-2019, 08:22 PM   #38
Pork Floyd
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscaloosaQ View Post
you may not be totally clued in on the Shirley wait time... I happen to be a Shirley..... I go by the name of Paul.... my wait time is not near three years.... Tyler is booked out a lot longer than me.... but is also telling his customers it might be as early as three moths sooner..... I booked builds that start out as patio models and as time goes on it winds up with a roof system and a huge trailer.... please do not think I am mad.... people speak without knowing the the whole truth.... we have a ton of customers that do not mind waiting for various reasons.......why wait for a Shirley??? I ask myself the same question.... but I just keep getting deposits every week.... must be doing something right..... as are many other builders.... and as Texas Pete said.... I assure you cookers is not all we do.... we hoe.... pick... and Plow in Tuscaloosa Alabama.....furthermore we must be doing something right... this is why... a lot of folks are copying our designs....going to hard to mimic our quality..... but I am very aware there are some awesome pit builders out there..... Moberg is one of them.... they build a great pit no doubt about it

I stand behind the Shirley family and their cookers. I had a large custom cooker built by Tyler and could not be happier. They work hard, are very skilled....and EARN every penny they make. One of my friends had a 24x50 built by Paul which we picked up about a month ago. Outstanding quality! Fit n finish is top of the line. I know there are other manufacturers who also do a great job. Many of them want 1/3 down at the time of order. I’m not that comfortable with that with a 15-18 month lead time. Stuff happens.

Phil Morgan
Pork Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-18-2019, 08:52 PM   #39
pjtexas1

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pork Floyd View Post
I stand behind the Shirley family and their cookers. I had a large custom cooker built by Tyler and could not be happier. They work hard, are very skilled....and EARN every penny they make. One of my friends had a 24x50 built by Paul which we picked up about a month ago. Outstanding quality! Fit n finish is top of the line. I know there are other manufacturers who also do a great job. Many of them want 1/3 down at the time of order. I’m not that comfortable with that with a 15-18 month lead time. Stuff happens.

Phil Morgan
Good point. I put 50% down once and got mine right before the builder started having delivery issues and went under. Lots of buyers were out a lot of money.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

Sign Up for The 2022 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash Here! ([URL="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12NjP4bH3uLyH6-RJnI4gSfDr0nKQ6_4cxdw_GhmrKq0/edit#gid=1935530835"]Link[/URL])
pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 02-18-2019, 11:22 PM   #40
Czarbecue
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Viet King Cong

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke ninja View Post
you should keep other mens names out your mouth.

I thought only teenage girls use that type of rhetoric?

Old 02-19-2019, 08:00 AM   #41
Dustin Dorsey
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC ‘Que View Post
Wow......they really went up. My 24x60 was like 2800. Unfortunately I had to cancel my order.
I think it has everything to do with the steel tariffs. I'll keep what I think about that to myself. Their bigger units probably aren't as affected because they use old propane tanks. Still, the price is I assume with an insulated firebox, so you have to look at what you're getting. Unfortunately, I can't order anything until my wife gets out of nursing school at the end of the summer.
Dustin Dorsey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2019, 08:55 AM   #42
JackW
Full Fledged Farker

"Why wait three years for a Shirley?" That is a long time to wait for a cooker, well worth the wait, When I ordered mine three years ago I waited 8 months and that seemed like an eternity. Awesome cooking machine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_6582.jpg (121.3 KB, 192 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_6587.jpg (124.8 KB, 193 views)
JackW is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2019, 10:11 AM   #43
jdtTX
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC ‘Que View Post

Yeah, I was hoping they'd come in closer to some of the other backyards in that size. Jambo is 2650. He used to do those 24x40 (?) that was sold exclusively at Terry Black's in Austin for $1500 and that was a steal.

Old 02-19-2019, 10:42 AM   #44
rmr24
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Name/Nickname : MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdtTX View Post
Yeah, I was hoping they'd come in closer to some of the other backyards in that size. Jambo is 2650. He used to do those 24x40 (?) that was sold exclusively at Terry Black's in Austin for $1500 and that was a steal.
I saw one at Terry Black’s a year ago, but didn’t realize it was a Moberg. I just remember it looked like a heck of a nice smoker for the money.
rmr24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2019, 04:39 PM   #45
NYC ‘Que
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : T.J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin Dorsey View Post
I think it has everything to do with the steel tariffs. I'll keep what I think about that to myself. Their bigger units probably aren't as affected because they use old propane tanks. Still, the price is I assume with an insulated firebox, so you have to look at what you're getting. Unfortunately, I can't order anything until my wife gets out of nursing school at the end of the summer.

Still worth it. I actually think Sunny was really underpriced for a while. He’s definitely on my shortlist of the best pit builders out there.