I dont know if I got took to the cleaners or not but if it's legit it's a grand slam. Flash sale.

No Phone
No Address
Cost Price with free shipping
Hopefully you payed with genuine PayPal

Google the Email address and scams come up everywhere

That's not a legit PayPal link. Hoping you didn't bite, but if you did I'd call my credit card company immediately.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but if it looks too good to be true, it is...

Google their customer service email server (maingmail.com). It's a well published paypal scam. The paypal link is not actually paypal, so change all your account passwords at both your real paypal and your linked bank accounts. Also notify PayPal of the site using the fake paypal link and the potential they have compromised your account. Hopefully you beat them before they clean your linked accounts out or run your credit cards up.

Way too good to be true...I certainly hope you didn't give these people any information.

I'm embarrassed to say I did bite. I pride myself for sniffing out scams but I wasn't paying attention. Call it tired or overworked but the bell didn't go off until after I made the purchase and then thought "Wait, that wasn't a Harbor Freight generator, it was a Honda EU generator". I think I averted the transaction as my bank holds online purchases for 24hrs. I put a stop payment on the transaction (which was still pending). Never let your guard down, folks.

I would already have cancelled that credit card. I think the generator was not what was for sale. It was your credit card number and security code.

I agree. Even though the payment didn't go through and won't the numbers have already been captured since it got into pending. Call, and get the card cancelled. Banks are good about getting you a new card ASAP.

Back