Swiss Burger Brisket Chili

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Extra onion and garlic. Three chili powders. Beans optional
Simmered onion garlic burgers and brisket about two hours. Removed brisket and stick blended everything else. Added Brisket back to pot along with seasoning and 1/4 cup grits. Topped with Tillamook and jalapeño.

Last edited:
Interesting chili! Did the blender have trouble with the burgers?

Interesting chili! Did the blender have trouble with the burgers?

Not at all. After simmering a couple hours could’ve smashed it with a fork for coarser texture. The flavor of the grilled burger was really nice

Hmm have leftover Brisket, I cooked up some Gorgonzola Cheese Burgers this evening and have 3 patties left over, don't think the Gorgonzola would work though.

As always looks fantastic Adams. :thumb:

Last edited:
Whether I smoke Meatballs an smash or just smoke a chunk of burger I’ll be doing some version of this chili again.
I held back one burger for the wife and she made a pile on.
She gave me last bite and it was good too.

Last edited:
Grits,masa,cornmeal,pulverized tortillas corn or flour.
Or just let it simmer until it evaporated to desired thickness. I was ready to eat so expedited thickness with grits. You can’t see them, I can’t taste them as it’s not that much. Just an easy reachable thickness enhancer

Most Chili discussions get hung up on beans versus no beans. This book is really cool and another one I’ve meant to buy but haven’t is by Rob Walsh?? I think. Anyway I like my cookbooks to read like autobiographical history books. Chili and BBQ books are interesting to me. Like Bones Hooks Chili Prayer. Amen

Google “Bones Hooks Chili Prayer”

Last edited:
Adams, Great looking chili and I love the idea of using grits for thickening for serving quicker!
Another Masterpiece!!!!

That looks just right. Any left for me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Great looking chili Adams! Looking kinda like a Cincinnati style, time to break out the pasta

Looks great!

But, disappointed by the beans being treated like a chili condiment. They need to be in the chili for the entire simmer.....:tape:

Back