Instant Pot

Dmakkk

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Looking to get one this black friday and just wanted to see what The Brethren thought about it. More importantly the uses of it.

Thanks All..

My favorite appliance. Rice, Stock, Soup, Chili, Beans, Boiled Eggs. I have even made meatloaf and masked potatoes in it. You won't regret the purchase. I have the 8 quart and wish they made a bigger one.

I own one too. Great kitchen appliance. Just make sure you have space to store it. It is big and bulky.

I use mine as a pressure cooker mostly. Now that it’s getting cold here it’s started seeing some use :thumb:

I have one and I need to use it more but I tell you I use it to cook my beans for BBQ beans and it does an amazing job, once up to pressure it cooks the beans in 13 min's. At least to my liking. The beans do not have a crunch like boiled beans, the texture is similar to canned beans which is what I strive for.

Like everyone above said, get one, they are awesome. I make no fuss, awesome lobster risotto in 14 minutes. I make lobster stock with it, actually all stocks with it...great appliance.

I promised to get my Daughter a IP for Christmas, my question is what model IP do you all recommend?

Love my instant pot bought in 2013 6.3 qt.. may have to upgrade though:becky:

Ive used it for stews, pulled chicken, beef, beans. Used as slow cooker pressure pot etc.
Get the biggest you can get believe they now make an 8qt :thumb:

Instapot is a great tool and a great value. Here's an article on choosing an electric PC on a site that knows what it's talking about.

To get the most out of one of these, pick up a copy of Pressure Perfect by Lorna Sass. Describes basic approaches and recipes, then gives you ideas for ways to change them up.

Get one, you wont regret it! Spaghetti all in a single pot that you can put in the dishwasher when finished! Get the larger 8qt too!

Any thoughts on the Bluetooth model? I feel like it would be an advantage to be able to start and stop it via an app while we are unable to be at the house watching it.

Back