Ribs on the Golden's

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
It was a single rack of ribs nite on the Golden's. These have been in the freezer for a bit, time to get 'em done low and slow. OK, low. Maybe not slow. I'll explain as I go on.

The ribs ready to go on, with my usual mustard and this time I'm using Oakridge Competition Beef & Pork rather than my own rub. Looks like good stuff, first time I'm using it -

Golden's all set, just edging above 225. It held just around 250 for the duration of the cook -

That's as open as it needs to be -

After about an hour or so, flap is getting ready to take off -

and made a good snack -

Funny thing, these ribs were done in a little over 2 hours! I probed in a bunch of places and got consistent readings. I've never had ribs be done that quickly, they're usually on for at least 3 or 4 hours. But then again, I don't always cook a lone rack.

Also, I usually do indirect with either the BGE platesetter on the Bubba Keg or the CI Searing Plate on the Golden's. This time I set the grill up with the divider plate and put the rack on the cooler side of the grill. But temps don't lie and they were done. Heck, I didn't even get a chance to spritz them with my usual apple cider or apple vinegar.

There's no sauce on these, just the Oakridge, as I'm not a huge fan of bbq sauce on ribs. But despite cooking in just over 2 hours, they were done. They looked fine, tasted great. Bite test -

Honestly, if I'd left them on any longer they would have been dry. I don't think I can ever recall ribs being done in such a short time. Then again, I haven't done a lot of ribs out on the Golden's and perhaps my memory fails me.

Anyway, thanks for checking out today's ribs!

Regards,
-lunchman

Back