Wireless Meat Probe Suggestions

Mattb82

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
In the market for a new WiFi system. Need something I can monitor even if I’m running errands. Currently researching and would love suggestions. I’d say I need the pit probe plus at least two more. Currently looking at thermoworks signals

Last edited:
The FireBoard is working well for me. I have the base model with 3 probes. More thermocouples may be added, up to a total of 6. The WiFi set up is simple and reliable and local monitoring is great. I have the Thermoworks Smoke with WiFi as well, and I much prefer the FireBoard.

Thanks for the feedback. After using the search feature I found a thread on it. Seems like the fireboard is the way to go

What exactly are you gonna do if you're on an errand 15 minutes away from the pit and something needs done?

What exactly are you gonna do if you're on an errand 15 minutes away from the pit and something needs done?

It's more like...hmmm that pork butt is creeping closer to 200, I better make this the last call and get home in time to pull it off....

Tried several others including the meater.

I ended up buying a fireboard. Save the hassle and just get a fireboard.

@smokydick. I guess there has to be one person in every group but I’ll indulge. If I’m running errands locally and I see temp drop I can Swing home and I don’t know maybe add a log. If I’m in bed and I see temp drop I can, I don’t know go add a log. If I’m playing with my kids down the street and see temp drop I can, I don’t know maybe go add a log. Don’t be that guy man

Last edited:
Back