MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Food Handling General Discussion

Notices

Food Handling General Discussion General and open discussion for food handling and safety.

Old 06-08-2009, 06:49 PM   #1
ryneb
Found some matches.

Default Brisket reheating Advice

I'm sure this has been asked a million times before, so I apologize. I'm going to be making a brisket this weekend since we are doing an early fathers day. Rather than stay up all night and be a zombie on Sunday I want to smoke it before hand and then just reheat it that day. So my question is whats the best way to do this? Should I leave it whole or slice it and then refrigerate it? And then whats the best way to reheat it the next day? Thanks!
Ryne
ryneb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-08-2009, 08:11 PM   #2
ique
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneb View Post
I'm sure this has been asked a million times before, so I apologize. I'm going to be making a brisket this weekend since we are doing an early fathers day. Rather than stay up all night and be a zombie on Sunday I want to smoke it before hand and then just reheat it that day. So my question is whats the best way to do this? Should I leave it whole or slice it and then refrigerate it? And then whats the best way to reheat it the next day? Thanks!
Ryne
Definitely leave it whole. Once the brisket is done let it rest and cool down to room temp and then into the fridge uncovered... I put it on a cooling rack for good air circulation. Getting the brisket quickly cooled down is important.

The next day for a small portion I carve a few slices and nuke in a microwave for 2 minutes covered with a tablespoon of liquid.

For a party I'll put the brisket on a cooling rack and into a 1/2 alum pan, 1/2 cup of liquid, insert a polder probe, cover tight with foil, and then into a 350* oven until it reaches 165* internal temp.... carve and serve
ique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:55 PM   #3
ryneb
Found some matches.

Sounds good. Thanks!
ryneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:26 PM   #4
MattCom
Take a breath!

Que just doesn't belong in a microwave.
So here's another option: Rest as usual, slice or not. Vacuum seal in bag (2 seals on each end). Dunk in cold water to cool, if needed. Refrigerate or freezer. Reheat by placing unopened bag in pot of simmering water. simmer till hot.

WSM 18.5" & 22"
22.5 in Weber Kettle
Smokey Jones
SS UDS 1.0
MattCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:38 PM   #5
buckinbbq
Knows what a fatty is.

Slice it then put it andn the juices in the crock pot freeze and or refrigerate. Then put meat and juices in a crock pot. MMMMM MMMM
buckinbbq is offline   Reply With Quote