MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Food Handling General Discussion

Notices

Food Handling General Discussion General and open discussion for food handling and safety.

Old 08-14-2011, 04:40 PM   #1
worknomore
Got Wood.

Default Brining liquid to warm?

I posted this in Q talk and I should of posted this here instead. Sorry about the double posting. But here is my question.
I put a brisket in a brine this morning at 6 am. The water temperature was room temperature,75 degrees, when I put the brisket in the fridge. I just read that the water temp should of been under 40 when I put the brisket in the brine. The brine is now at 45 degrees and I just put a little ice in the brine to bring it down some. The question is am I O.K. even though I let the brisket stay warmer than I should have for so many hours? The brine would stop spoilage, correct? I have never brined and only been smoking a few weeks. Thanks
worknomore is offline   Reply With Quote