MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-01-2021, 07:55 AM   #1
halfcocked
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : George
Default Do you sauce leftovers?

I portion out the available liquid from brisket and butt when vac packing for freezer. Sometimes there is not as much sauce as I would like so I'm considering what, if any, type of sauce to use to augment after thawing the leftover for a meal. Suggestions appreciated.
halfcocked is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2021, 09:51 AM   #2
robertm
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : ROBERT

Do you mean sauce or liquid drippings from the brisket? If the later you can use talllow to supplement. When I reheat brisket I usually throw a bit of tallow in to get everything juicy again.

Old 12-01-2021, 11:59 AM   #3
halfcocked
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : George

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertm View Post
Do you mean sauce or liquid drippings from the brisket? If the later you can use talllow to supplement. When I reheat brisket I usually throw a bit of tallow in to get everything juicy again.
I mean add to the "drippings". Fresh out of tallow.
halfcocked is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2021, 02:34 PM   #4
SmittyJonz
somebody shut me the fark up.

I slice the whole brisket and pan and Sauce from the start...... if ppl in my House don't like Sauce - Fark 'Em - they know where McDonalds is........

Thanks from:--->
Old 12-01-2021, 02:53 PM   #5
IamMadMan
somebody shut me the fark up.

If I see I might not have enough drippings / meat juice, I dilute them slightly with some canned broth. I also save the extra abundance of drippings and vac seal them for use in beans, chili, and times like this. just pull a vac-sealed bag of extra drippings from the freezer and the bag will thaw in minutes.

I prefer to let the guests add sauce to their food, everybody has different preferences.
IamMadMan is online now   Reply With Quote