Harbormaster and the deckhands are heading South

Harbormaster

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Hey all my Brethren between here and Florida (Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennesee, Alabama, and Florida). My family and I depart Wisconsin on Oct 25, driving to Crystal River Florida. Looking for advice on good Q places, and if you are along the route, possibly hook up.
We typically reach Birmingham the first day, and stay at a hotel on the west side of I-65. IIRC, there is a long grade as you're headed South coming into Birmingham, and the hotel is right there. Last time we drove this I smelled Q from the hotel, but it was too late to get food.
The next day we'll head the rest of the way to Crystal River where we will spend some time with my outlaws. Then on to Orlando (Gee, whatever for?), back to Crystal River for a day, and then on over to Daytona for a couple of days.
Then we leave Daytona early on Nov 3, getting back to Wisconsin on Nov 4, our anniversary.
So, y'all chime in. Let me know where to go, who to call. If there is even a chance to meet y'all for lunch, you can PM me with a phone number, and if it works out where the timing is right, I'll try to contact you.
Thanks for this AWESOME travel resource!!

go to http://flbbq.org click on the orange then find fl bbq joints alot of good q in orlando babbalous is real good i ate there in august it is by universal studios have fun

Spend a pleasant "Truck Stop Parking Lot" visit with Clark and his family today. Only about 30 minutes due to travel time restraints with the kiddos and all.

What a great family!

Clark has a wonderful wife and 3 great boys. Best behaved youngsters I have met in years! Congrats to the parents for a job well done.

They are headed on down to Crystal River, then the Disney thing, back to Crystal River, then to Daytona, then on home.

On the way home--it appears they will be going through Atlanta.

If anyone is on or near their route--shoot Clark a PM and see what you can work out!

Great Brother and a wonderful family---"On The Road" :lol:

TIM

Well Kapn, you beat me to it.
Just got PC access here at my FILs and thought I should check in.
Great meeting the Kapn - a nicer guy you will not likely meet. Even though it was short, it was nice to meet another one of the Brethren.
On Kapn's advice we stopped at "Webb's 231 BBQ" just south of Ozark, AL on Hwy 231. As Kapn told me, it was as good as any commercial Q you'll find. (He cooks on an LP fired Old Hickory pit.) The 5 of us split a large pork and a large beef sammi. Good stuff.

Any how, pics of the BBQ joint and a shot of me an the Kapn will get posted once we get home.

Great to meet you Kapn! Nice photos of your trailer, and good jerky.

After 3000 miles of driving over the course of 10 days, we made it back to Wyocena in time to catch most of the Packer game Sunday.
Will post pics this week!

A trip like that with 5 in the van is an ADVENTURE! :oops:

Glad you are home--safe, sound, and sane :lol:

TIM

Images as promised

OK. First, here's a shot of Webb's 231 BBQ.
Webbs231BBQ.jpg

And here's a shot of me and Kapn. Again, great to meet you sir!
HmasternKapn.jpg

Back