Beef plate ribs in the Atlanta area

Wood Fire Steel

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Anyone know of a source of beef plate ribs in the Atlanta/Northwest Georgia area. Not needing waygu or a whole case. Finding it hard to mail order for the quantity I need.

My local meat man at the grocery store has them in the back. I just ask if he has any uncut, plate beef ribs. They come in a cryovac pack of 4.

I want to say I saw some at the Alpharetta Sam's Club. Next time I go in I will check and report back.

Great Wall market in Duluth have some. Just ask for the untrimmed stuff that are still in the cryo.

Sent from my SM-T837V using Tapatalk

Anyone know of a source of beef plate ribs in the Atlanta/Northwest Georgia area. Not needing waygu or a whole case. Finding it hard to mail order for the quantity I need.

Go to Sam's Club and ask for the whole plate ribs they cut the flanken ribs from. They keep them in the back.

The best beef short ribs I have had came from Whole Foods, I look for the pre-cut ribs then ask the butcher for the whole cryovac packs of two whole plates.

Ill put in another vote for Whole Foods. They had them discounted from 8.99 to 5.99 per pound for Amazon Prime members the first week in June, so I decided to try some. Each cryovac pack has 2 3-4 bone sections that weigh approx. 4 lbs each (you can buy a single plate or as many as you want). This size is manageable if you are trying to feed a smaller group, and I was really impressed by the quality. They dont label their beef by USDA grade, but I would guess mid to upper choice.

Try the Business Costco just south of the airport on Tara boulevard. The carry them. Also Restaurant Depot off Ellsworth Industrial Blvd in NW Atlanta.

Ill put in another vote for Whole Foods. They had them discounted from 8.99 to 5.99 per pound for Amazon Prime members the first week in June, so I decided to try some. Each cryovac pack has 2 3-4 bone sections that weigh approx. 4 lbs each (you can buy a single plate or as many as you want). This size is manageable if you are trying to feed a smaller group, and I was really impressed by the quality. They dont label their beef by USDA grade, but I would guess mid to upper choice.

Yeah no grade since they tend to be a Step 3 grass raised grass finished product. I have taken advantage of the $5.99 deal several times.

Back