Cooking ribs on big ole a reverse flow offset smoker...for a worthy cause.

Baby Back Maniac

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Last week I brought in a competition cook team called Hickory Heat to share how to cook competition ribs. Also to raise awareness for a charity bbq contest they host to raise awareness for childhood brain cancer.

As you know September is childhood brain cancer awareness month. Oh, you didn’t? Yeah, neither did we. It was just a coincidence but we are rolling with it. lol.

I hope you guys like this one. It’s packed with info (…took me a week to edit it too. lol.)

[ame]https://youtu.be/gYCMr5RtVQk[/ame]

Wow! Never seen monster baby backs before, definitely could feed a crowd with those, usually I plan one rack per person.

Great video!
I'm surprised they treated the backyard ribs with foil and the comp. ribs with butcher paper.. especially with the brown sugar/parkay they put in there.

This was my first experience with papering ribs. Would you have done it different?

Excellent vid! Nice editing job and enjoyed the quality audio, camera work, and attention to lighting. As always, content is king and this video is full of great BBQ content. Thanks for sharing.

Excellent vid! Nice editing job and enjoyed the quality audio, camera work, and attention to lighting. As always, content is king and this video is full of great BBQ content. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, I try really hard to have all the fun stuff revolve around good content at the core so I'm really happy you picked up on that.

Justin

Back