MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-25-2014, 02:57 AM   #1
stanfda
Got rid of the matchlight.

Name/Nickname : RFQ’s
Smile Initial CyberQ Test with Pitmaker Safe

Very Satisfying!

Just completed my initial smoke with the CyberQ (http://store.thebbqguru.com/weborderentry/CyberQ%20WiFi) on my Pitmaker Safe.

Did a 12 pound brisket at 250 in a little over 6 1/2 hours to temp of 199.

Some minor tweaks I made:
- I used aluminum muffler tape to completely seal the sliding air vent on the Safe and cut a hole for the BBQ Guru fan input.
- Bought the CyberCook Mini app for my iPhone and used this to control the CyberQ - YES worth the $7! (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cybe...825124887?mt=8)
- Used the Humphreys BBQ maze in the Safe Firebox (http://www.humphreysbbq.com/bbq-guru...oal-maze-snake) YES worth the $35.

Loaded with Kingsford Competition and Live Oak Chunks.
Wrapped at 175 and sprayed with Aaron's special mist.
Took off at a little over 6 1/2 hours at 199. Ended the cook with about 1/3 of the fuel left unburned with the pit temp sitting nicely at 252! (a hard thing to manage on a DRY Pitmaker which likes to run hot)

The CyberQ held very close temps the entire time and quickly recovered after I pulled brisket for wrapping (at the 3hr 45min mark). Temp range from 248 - 262 and very consistent throughout the cook.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CyberQSetupwithPitmakerSafe.jpg (55.3 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg Mod to Safe Air Intake.jpg (41.8 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg Mod Closeup Aluminnum Heat Tape.jpg (57.9 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg CyberCook Pit Screen.jpg (7.7 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg CyberCook Food Temp 1.jpg (7.9 KB, 36 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CyberQ Test Report via CyberCook.pdf (66.5 KB, 4 views)

Pitmaker Safe
stanfda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
BBQGuru DigiQ OTG, CyberCook, CyberQ WiFi, Humphrey's Smokers, Pitmaker