MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 07-23-2011, 11:11 AM   #1
KentuckyLandSales
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Big Party - Danville, KY invites all cooks to their 1st Annual BBQ Festival late Oct/Early Nov

I need some BBQ Brother's help.

Are you all familiar with Big Apple BBQ

my Cindy (with one eye) (KCBS joke) and I were at Mike Mills 3 seminars last fall and he was bragging on how great this event is. He takes his whole crew to NYC every year for this and serves an ungodly amount of people (of course, its NYC).

We want to recreate it (smaller obviously, but still huge) here in Danville, KY. *This is not a competition, but a way for us all to get together, hang out, have fun and sell our BBQ. Are you interested in joining us in October/November?

No fees - and you are able to sell. We have Health Dept approval = 3 buckets and you're GTG.

What would make you come? *** What could we do or have, to get you to join us in a 1st annual xxxxx BBQ Fest?

We are full wet here now, so beer, etc is on. We have a TON of talent here in the music sector, blues bands ? no problem. And we have the space and local political support (all friends of mine ? who love BBQ). It helps when there are a bunch of foodies on the counsel and boards of everything. :-)

Again, what would make you interested in coming on down to Danville for the weekend and Qing?

Best, Brad LuckyDogBBQ.com for some of our latest antics.

Last edited by KentuckyLandSales; 07-23-2011 at 11:48 AM..
KentuckyLandSales is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-25-2011, 10:12 AM   #2
KentuckyLandSales
Knows what a fatty is.

Are you interested in joining us first Saturday in November?

No fees - and you are able to sell. We have Health Dept approval = 3 buckets and you're GTG.

What would make you come?

What could we do or have, to get you to join us in a 1st annual xxxxx BBQ Fest?

Old 07-25-2011, 03:09 PM   #3
grillzilla10
Full Fledged Farker

Do you have a web site?
grillzilla10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-25-2011, 03:18 PM   #4
grillzilla10
Full Fledged Farker

pm sent
grillzilla10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2011, 10:16 AM   #5
KentuckyLandSales
Knows what a fatty is.

I do - and the Kentucky BBQ Fest will as soon as I make one - which I will ASAP.

our site is http://LuckyDogBBQ.com

Old 07-28-2011, 10:16 AM   #6
KentuckyLandSales
Knows what a fatty is.

Glad to have you aboard! This will be a blast!

Old 08-12-2011, 08:15 AM   #7
KentuckyLandSales
Knows what a fatty is.

We are moving forward smoothly. Doing a presentation over the weekend for monday when I present it to an org that can help us fundraise.

EVERYONE loves the idea, the location and we are adding all kinds of stuff - like a 5k fun run, wing contest - winner takes all, etc.

Come join us - this will be a blast - and one of the last shin digs of the year.

Old 08-12-2011, 08:59 PM   #8
emohn
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Is it a competition, or isn't it? Wing comp only, or do you anticipate bringing a KCBS-style multi-meat comp in to the plans?
emohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-16-2011, 10:29 AM   #9
KentuckyLandSales
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Kentucky BBQ Festival Danville, KY

we are just getting this all going at the same time.

call me 859-319-5000 and we can talk. We are getting the details knocked out now.

Old 08-21-2011, 05:36 PM   #10
Pappy Q
is One Chatty Farker

I might be interested. Keep updating details
Pappy Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bbq catering, BBQ Competition, Danville, Kentucky