Adam Perry Lang: BBQ 25

42BBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Hey all, just picked up BBQ 25. I plan on cooking my way through the book, every recipe, over the next little while. Don't care how long it takes me, just want to try it all. Anybody have a favorite cook from the book? Letting my wife pic first this weekend. My main goal is to expand my Que knowledge by trying a bunch of stuff I have not cooked yet. Plenty of pron to come.

If it is as good as his book "Serious Barbecue", I will have to have it. Adam Perry Lang is a great cook in my opinion and I loved using some of his recipes.

I don't have APL's new book, but I do have APL's Serious Barbeque that's pretty good. But the best book I have is Paul Kirk's Championship Barbecue.

Hey all, just picked up BBQ 25. I plan on cooking my way through the book, every recipe, over the next little while. Don't care how long it takes me, just want to try it all. Anybody have a favorite cook from the book? Letting my wife pic first this weekend. My main goal is to expand my Que knowledge by trying a bunch of stuff I have not cooked yet. Plenty of pron to come.

I don't have it near me so I don't remember the name but the chicken recipe is awesome.

Sir Larry of Rocklin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The Beef Back Ribs recipe is killer...so is the Boneless Leg of Lamb (award winning as well I might add).

The Beef Back Ribs recipe is killer...so is the Boneless Leg of Lamb (award winning as well I might add).

Gotta second the beef rib recipe, fabulous! It's the only one I've done from that book but I don't think you will go wrong with any of the choices.

I cooked his competition Chicken thighs. It sounded amazing. But he recommends 2 hours of smoke, and they came out really dry. It was a fun process, and I'm sure I gained a lot of knowledge, but very disappointing result. Could be operator error too, I've got a lot to learn. The one thing I love about his books, beside the great pics and tips, is his passion for bbq.

So, start a blog, put pictures and how each one went. A lady did that for Julia Child's book and they made a movie about it, maybe you can get to Adam with it.

Interesting idea. Good luck.

So, start a blog, put pictures and how each one went. A lady did that for Julia Child's book and they made a movie about it, maybe you can get to Adam with it.

Interesting idea. Good luck.

for sure do the blog. I use wordpress.org as my manager and i have my own server. to keep it simple, you can use blogger

Back