Tips, Tricks, and Cooking Hacks...

I second the parchment paper on sheet pans and pizza pans. The pans often times are still perfectly clean at the end of the cook. Toss the paper, put pan back in cabinet, all done. If you buy a bulk size roll of parchment, it is much cheaper than foil. I've also found the the cooked food rarely sticks to parchment, but food almost always sticks to foil.

Yep, forget the aluminium foil. Parchment paper.

I cook Bacon in a convection oven at 425 degrees on Aluminum Foil lined sheet trays. Wright's Thick Cut Bacon takes around 18 minutes and I save the fat drippings to make Baconnaise. (Mayonnaise made with Bacon Fat) Throwing the foil away is the only cleanup!

When using a cutting board only let the very tip of your knife touch it, your knife will pull thru meats and vegetables with ease and stays sharp. It is taking me a little bit of training to remember to not set the blade down flat

On parchment paper. Makes cleaning up easy.

No no nooooooooooooooooo, that's blasphemy!!!
Never in the oven and def don't use parchment paper.

:mad::mad::mad2::mad2:

The 2nd best thing about bacon is bacon grease!!! It has so many different uses.

I cook Bacon in a convection oven at 425 degrees on Aluminum Foil lined sheet trays. Wright's Thick Cut Bacon takes around 18 minutes and I save the fat drippings to make Baconnaise. (Mayonnaise made with Bacon Fat) Throwing the foil away is the only cleanup!

I might need that recipe if you care to share it.

Thanks,

Robert

^^^ I'd like to see you try that with eggs! :lol:

:boxing: CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! :boxing:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

No no nooooooooooooooooo, that's blasphemy!!!
Never in the oven and def don't use parchment paper.

:mad::mad::mad2::mad2:

The 2nd best thing about bacon is bacon grease!!! It has so many different uses.

Why not in the oven? If not in the oven how do you cook it?

Still on the subject of bacon I prefer to cook it on a rack in a sheet pan in the oven. The rack keeps the bacon out of the grease and afterwards I can tilt the pan to drain the grease to one side and then pour Almost All the wonderful grease into a jar and store it in the fridge for other future uses.

Another bacon tip.

Fryed or baked/roasted both have one problem. They take time.

If you need bacon in a hurry the microwave is the only way. While you can cook it in a plate on paper towels with a paper towel cover I prefer to use the utensil in the link below so I can save the grease. Put a paper towel over the bacon and its splatter free.

About a minute per piece of thick cut bacon. The only problem is you have to have a big microwave to use this thing.

https://www.nordicware.com/microwave/bacon-racks/large-slanted-bacon-tray-and-food-defroster

LordRiffenstein said:

@LR - That is one of the benefits of cooking in the oven. I use the sheet pan set up in the first post. When the bacon is done, I set the pan on the stovetop with a wooden spoon under one end. When the grease has collected at the other end of the pan, I unwrap the foil at the corner to create a pour spout and pour the grease into the bacon grease jar I keep in my fridge.

@LR - That is one of the benefits of cooking in the oven. I use the sheet pan set up in the first post. When the bacon is done, I set the pan on the stovetop with a wooden spoon under one end. When the grease has collected at the other end of the pan, I unwrap the foil at the corner to create a pour spout and pour the grease into the bacon grease jar I keep in my fridge.

Same with the parchment paper. I tear it a bit larger than the pan and each corner is a natural spout to pour off the grease.

I got lazy and get the pre cut half pan size sheets of parchment. Fold in half and a quick cut for 1/4 size pan, fold and cut again for 1/8 size pan.

Why not in the oven? If not in the oven how do you cook it?

Skillet! It also seasons the skillet and I can save leftover grease.
I just had lunch: eggs and ham cooked in bacon grease, KILLER!

I've never tried cooking bacon in the oven...

Back