MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Discussion and Reflection > Our Fallen Brother

Notices

Our Fallen Brother Brethren. The threads in this forum are in memory of a fallen brother. Please read what has transpired the week of 9/3/06 and say a prayer for KCquer and his family.

Old 09-11-2006, 01:26 PM   #31
jt
Babbling Farker

I think most everything has been covered by others but just a few notes:

I pulled into Drexel on Friday morning and knew I had the right place when I saw Parrothead and Jorge standing outside. Phil was down at the hardware store looking for turtles and Bigdog was finding the bathroom. Having been to a bash with Dog I wasn't looking forward to going second but I digress...

Yes, we all leaned on each other at the service to get through it but when they played Green Day there were 5 very large sighs from our row. I think we all studied the floor for the length of the song...

The poor man doing the service was either A) not a public speaker; B) very nervous; or C) both. I know KC would have laughed with us at the pronunciation of a few words and lines such as a "fat-ay" (somehow I don't think the French know about fatties - aren't they vegans?), "the bash at parrothouse's head" and the ultimate - "caboowaboo".

Afterward we saluted KC at the local watering hole with a pitcher of something brewed in St Louis with a Eagle on its label and then headed out.

Greg said Phil was in culture shock on the way to Drexel so I didn't mention to him I was stopping on the way home at the Steam Engine Show to switch vehicles with my wife. She had taken our boy to see Granddad run his steam-powered thresher and drive the mule team around during the parade. I think the idea of tractors powered by wood and water would've sent him over the edge.

I parked the truck at the Bass Pro contest and got out just in time to get called a farker by the guys as they arrived. As said above, the Bellys and Team Q were awesome hosts and gave us everything we wanted to eat and drink. The memorial was very moving - John's words and Jay holding the chimney of flaming cherry really brought home the meaning of the Brethren. We're all brothers, no matter where we are, and each of us can always count on someone being available to listen, lean on, or joke with. We had a bash for KC and he was there with us the entire time.

I posted my pictures in with Phil's in the KC Bash gallery. They're a little out of order but I'm sure you'll get over it.

Spicewine, 2 Dutch Ovens, Weber OTP, 18 " Weber Kettle, White Mountain Ice Cream Freezer, Whirly Pop, Cast Iron Hot Dog cooker, and a 15 year old. Moink.

RIP - my NB Bandera

"Sweet Blue to all" - E

jt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2006, 04:29 PM   #32
frognot
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Charles

My brothers, sounds like y'all all did Scott proud.

Large Big Green Egg

"If you really care about this place, you'll show some respect for it." deguerre

"Bludawg looks just like I thought he would. Frognot looks like Tuffy Stone's dad!" aawa

" . . . which includes frognot, who is a SoCal Pharker by now" gtr
frognot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 02:04 AM   #33
Hiloboy
Full Fledged Farker

after reading all the posts. the only thing i can say is i'm so proud that i'm part of a group like this..this group is what they say they are BROTHERS.. that shows alot of class. and not just talk it. but really does the walk..
Aloha KC
#1,WSM
#2,Big Green Eggs(large)
a #2 La Caja China
# 2 Weber kettle gold 22.5

The best smoke for making Q... is made from grass skirts...
Hiloboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 09:33 PM   #34
bcis93
On the road to being a farker

Default My Sympathy

Scott "e" sounds like a guy I would have liked to hang out with. I am sorry I won't get that chance.
bcis93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 10:24 PM   #35
Wayne
is One Chatty Farker

Thanks to all the brothers that made it to KC for KC and family. I already had a wedding booked for that day and was not able to get away. The groom sobbed all the way through the vows, and the bride was as controlled as you can get. However, several times I paused and said a little prayer for KC and family.

Long in the tooth,
Long in the tooth,
I'm lookin' 'round the corner,
An' I'm long in the tooth...
Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 08:01 AM   #36
Bill-Chicago
somebody shut me the fark up.

Location: Chicago Southwestern Burbs, but always south of Madison Ave.
Name/Nickname : Professor Dickweed

Let me start this post by saying my true colors are Black and Silver.

I have been part of the Raider Nation since the 70's

Anyone who knows anything about AFC football knows that Raiders and Chiefs just don't mix. They're like oil and water.

Scott and I loved to talk football, for we had a natural rivalry.

We talked of going to a game or two, especially after he learned I flew into KC one Christmas Eve to watch the Raiders/Chiefs game on the TV in the bar of the KC airport terminal, then turned around and flew home all in the same day, because it was going to be blacked out here in Chicago.

So I guess my point is, as a Raider, the Chiefs are my ultimate enemy.

That was up until September.

When e passed away, I found myself drawn to the TV whenever the Chiefs were on.

I watched each and every game that was televised.

I was rooting for them, right up until the end when they lost a wild card playoff to the Colts this past Saturday. Now I was glad the Colts won (for a different reason that involves my daughter) but was saddened by the Chiefs being knocked out.

I was holding on to e through the Chiefs, but now it is just one more leaf in e's tree of life I need to let go.

Miss you e

The death of "willkat98"

Me: If you aren't woke, that means you're still sleeping, right?
Kid today: That's racist!

Bandera, M-BGE, WSM, Gold Kettle, Kenmore Gasser, 36Qt Turkey Fryer, ECB, Dutch Oven, Black Iron BBQ Viper-M, Blackstone 36" Griddle
Bill-Chicago is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:00 PM   #37
hcarter
Full Fledged Farker

I didn't know him at all, but I believe he's the kind of man I aspire to be.