MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-18-2019, 09:02 AM   #16
Big George's BBQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Very Nice Congrats and Enjoy Let us know about your cooks
Mid Atlantic BBQ Association
KCBS
Back Porch BBQ Competition BBQ Team
Proud Member of the Zero Club

When all else fails ask yourself WWGALD
Big George's BBQ is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 04-18-2019, 10:23 AM   #17
Vipester531
Found some matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve S View Post
Its going to run hot for the first several times you run it until it gets gunked up a bit. Don't freak out, just roll with it.
I've only used my WSM a few times and I'm still working on gunking it up but I have also found that if I try to mess with the vents too much my temps are all over the place. I think I need to learn to leave the cooker alone a little more.

Old 04-18-2019, 11:49 AM   #18
70monte
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMetroHawkeye View Post
Welcome to the WSM Club! One more thing to add... the WSM is like a gateway drug. One thing leads to another, feeds the monkey on your back, next thing you know you have a herd of cookers... it’s awesome!
This is very true. My first smoker was the WSM and after I decided it wasn't big enough, I went crazy from there trying out many different ones. It's a sickness. LOL

Old 04-19-2019, 04:59 AM   #19
LordRiffenstein
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Yoeri

Congratulations and have fun cooking!

Old 04-19-2019, 05:34 AM   #20
Mikhail
is One Chatty Farker

And so it begins.... have fun with it. You re going to have a good time and create some very good food.

PK Classic Grill
Broil King Signet 320 Propane
Good One Open Range over & under
Mikhail is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 04-19-2019, 08:45 AM   #21
lastmajordude
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Dude

A lot of great food have come off that design!!!!!!! congrats and smoke away!!!!!!

Old 04-19-2019, 12:21 PM   #22
LloydQ
is One Chatty Farker

A fine choice! You should consider a 55 gallon sized Gateway rib hanging kit in the future. They run about $50. It will open up a lot of options for you, and they are lots of fun to use. Fantastic for poultry!
LloydQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-19-2019, 12:38 PM   #23
foam2
Full Fledged Farker

Build a UDS!!! Just kidding - the Weber is a great smoker and I’m sure it will give you years of service. Try not to be a control freak on the temps - it’s hard to help it some times. The food will taste great no matter what temp its cooked at - finish the cook to feel not to a predetermined temp. There are a lot of accessories that make it an even better experience and it is really versatile. I had a 22 and sold it and then bought an 18 and a 22 after building two stainless UDS’s. They are a lot of fun - enjoy.
foam2 is online now   Reply With Quote